Help - before I go mad

May 30, 2009
Visit site
We have a 6 month old twin axle Luner and are having trouble getting one of the Al-ko wheel locks off. The front one came away with no bother but the second one wont budge. The centre barrel just keeps turning with the key. We couldn't get a reply to our 4 telephone calls to Al-ko and the local service centre said "just keep persevering it will eventually work" !!! We hasve now spent 5 hours trying. Has anyone had this trouble and overcome it? Or can someone office any advice?

Regards

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
My new lock played up recently after a few days of heavy rain, the plunger pins weren't working correctly. I solved it with a quick squirt of WD40 (before inserting the key), and then making sure I held the 'outer' knurling with one hand (to stop the whole assembly turning) whilst turning the key with the other.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks 'woody',
Thanks for your response. We have tried all that. The locks have not been exposed to the weather as rh eawning has been up all summer (!).

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had a similar problem. It seems like the lube in the lock solidifies over a period of time and prevents the key from engaging correctly. I flushed the lock through with WD40 which dissolves the grease gunge and then I used teflon lube which does not dry out the same way. It is now about a year since I had the problem and not had any further issues. I now give all the locks on the caravan a quick squirt of teflon spray about every 3 or 4 months. Coincidently I also have a Lunar twin axle but I doubt that has anything to do with the Alko lock not functioning.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
supergranne said:
Hi Topcat
He was using the wrong key.
That rings a bell, see start of 'Woosie Club' thread in Chit -chat
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts