Help - CCI Card

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Howdy -

I just got my Camping Card international today and I tried to log in online but it says the card number is invalid but its the number on the card - I've checked a dozen times and it just says it's invalid.

Do they take a few days to become active?

I did tell them I wanted it to start on the 6th September as that's when I am going away, is that why it doesn't work yet?

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
bexican137590 said:
Howdy -

I just got my Camping Card international today and I tried to log in online but it says the card number is invalid but its the number on the card - I've checked a dozen times and it just says it's invalid.

Do they take a few days to become active?

I did tell them I wanted it to start on the 6th September as that's when I am going away, is that why it doesn't work yet?

Thanks.

I don't use the service so I cant tell precisely, but if you asked for it to become live on the 6th Sept, we are only on the 2nd as I post , so I'd guess it wont be available until the 6th! :eek:hmy:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My CCI was issued by the Camping and Caravanning Club for my holiday, you do not have to register the card, it just acts as a 3rd party liability insurance for the holder. Also passport details are on it and when you book in the site reception may keep it until you leave and pay. It only happened once to me, but reception wanted me to leave my passport with them, I said no, but the CCI card was accepted in place. It does have a start and end date, valid for 12 months.
With the C&CC it comes free when you book a ferry and in my case purchased the ACSI book/card with them.

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed because the CCI website made it seem like we can get discounts if we have the CCI card and I was trying to use their online campsite search on the CCI site but can't view campsite details unless I register the card.

So I rang the caravanning club as there is no number for CCI and they tell me I can't use the CCI website, if I want to use the CCI website I have to go directly through them to get the right card (which sounds like baloney to me) and that the card carries no discounts whatsoever.

The only reason we got it was for that reason since we wouldn't normally stay at registered campsites and usually just use the mini "platz" type ones or park up on the side of roads etc. But if there were discounts we would have obviously been drawn to registered campsites.

Well ya live and learn. :(

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I bought a CCI card last year before a long trip to Spain. Not one single campsite was the slightest bit interested in it (and didn't even seem to recognise what it was). They ALL recognised the ACSI discount card (which is simply a tear-out card which you fill in yourself) and would quite often be happy to take the details from that without even seeing passports -- even if they were not themselves ACSI discount sites.

I certainly won't be spending £5.50 on one this year!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts