Help- First Caravan *lookn at Avondale Windsor

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone,

We have been looking at a avondale windsor 2009*** (our first caravan)the company are giving us a 3 years warranty that seemingly can be used at any person approved by the insurer can anyone give advice on this!

Thanks

The Crosbies

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well Avondale went bust last year so maybe this is one of the last ones finished off by the receivers. I hope you are getting a very substantial reduction off the original list price?

As for the warranty, read all the small print and be very clear exactly what the Insurers are offering you. No way will it be as good or as flexible as current manufacturers warranty. LOL

Remember your contract for purchase is with the dealer so be certain they will be around for a few years, well as best you can.

If you went ahead where is the nearest recognised repairer / dealer listed on the insuranc epolicy other than your own dealer?

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i had a new avondale and wouldnt touch one with a barge pole again sorry. i then had 2 brand new sterling elites and both went back with serious faults. i now own a 2008 bailey wyoming that i had from new and love it. i wouldnt change a thing and the service is second to none. i bought mine from chipping sodbury no where near where i live but the good thing about bailey is they have service centre and other dealers nearer that will do you servicing and warrenty work.

i went to chipping sodbury because of recommendation from here but also i printed off all bailey dealers throughout the uk and rand all of them to see who would give me the best deal. chipping sodbury was a mile ahead than all of them. they dont charge you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts