help me flush

Sep 6, 2005
Visit site
hi all

Can some one please help me after the xmas close of the caravan i have filled the water in the toliet and gone away this weekend & my toiletwill not flush the motor is working and the tank is full but the water will not come thought. I left the motor runing for few mins but did not want to run dry - help me please as i need to go to the bog!!!!!

bigrupe

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rupert, If your pump is running properly and no water in toilet I suspect the hose has popped of the pump, you need to take out the toilet roll holder, pull it straight up, requires quite a tug, the pump lies directly beneath it , then you should be able to see were your problem is.

Sep 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Metz

(Take out the toilet roll holder) I am new to caravanning lol

Toilet roll holder at the side of the toilet the insert comes out yes and the pipes are under there??

Rupert

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rupert, Yes, The pump and connecting pipes are under the insert of your toilet roll holder, should pullout, only held in with a rubber o-ring.

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
If you go to Thetfords website shown below there are comprehensive instructions to carry out repairs to all Thetford toilets. Included are coloured pictures

www.thetford-europe.com

Sep 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Been in the caravan today and done as you suggested i.e. pulling the toilet roll out and having a look. Under the toilet roll is full of water and cleaning fluid/toilet rinse - is this right? Toilet still not drawing water and unable to flush still, although the noise is there.

Rupert

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

Been in the caravan today and done as you suggested i.e. pulling the toilet roll out and having a look. Under the toilet roll is full of water and cleaning fluid/toilet rinse - is this right? Toilet still not drawing water and unable to flush still, although the noise is there.

Rupert
Hi Rupert, Yes mate it should be full thats the holding tank for the flush, you need to drain that off, I still think you have a pipe off the pump, drain the tank so you can where the pipes connect to the pump, i think you'll find the flush pipe has come adrift.

Sep 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Rupert
Hi all

I have been and drained the tank off and been inside where the pump is all the pipes were still attached and the pump/motor still runs. I've taken the motor/pump out and have cleaned it all, at the bottom of the motor/pump there is a fan/propeller type thing that turns when I try to flush so something is working but there isnt a pipe for that. I have had the pump/motor in clean water and tried to work but it doesnt pump, do you have any more suggestions?

Rupert

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

I have been and drained the tank off and been inside where the pump is all the pipes were still attached and the pump/motor still runs. I've taken the motor/pump out and have cleaned it all, at the bottom of the motor/pump there is a fan/propeller type thing that turns when I try to flush so something is working but there isnt a pipe for that. I have had the pump/motor in clean water and tried to work but it doesnt pump, do you have any more suggestions?

Rupert
Hi Rupert, If you've checked the pipes are attached,and the feed pipe to and from the pump including the entry pipe into the toilet are clear and free, the pump runs when you press the flush button, then the pump needs replacing,just because it runs dos'nt nesacellery mean it's pumping water.

TRENDING THREADS