HELP NEEDED - Audi A6 Avant Towbar

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Finally bought a replacement for my trusty petrol Mk1 A6 Avant SE 2.0 8v. This time we've plumped for a 2001 A6 Avant SE 1.9 TDI (130). However, it doesn't have a towbar at present so I need to get one fitted within the next month. I really want a detachable one and am thinking it'll be easier to go for single plug electrics for when we change the van possibly next year. Does anyone have any recommendations for the different bars available eg, Westfalia, Bosal, Brink etc and a good reliable (and competitively priced) fitter in the South Yorks/North Notts area. Also, the car has park sensors - a friend with one of these cars says he has to fiddle under the bumper and disconnect one of the sensors to kill them when he has the van attached. This sounds a bit drastic, isn't there a suitable wiring kit that isolates them when the 'van is plugged in?

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
If its relevant, its the 'facelift' model ie, the 2002 model year. I note PCT's website lists the car as 98-01 and 02-05 with differing part numbers for each towbar kit. If so, I assume mine is an 02 model even though it was registered in Sept 2001?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Given the miniscule amount of time spent reversing with the caravan attached, I would bother disconnecting reversing sensors - I haven't.

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We have an Audi A6 Avant that we use for towing and have a towbar fitted by Towequippe. Havent had any problems with it and it was a good pprice with twin electrics and they come round to your house and fit it (if you are within the west midlands anyway).

The one we have is not detachable but I would think that they do one for the car.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts