Help please for awning Virgin

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I have bought a Bailey Senator Carolina 2004 model which came with an Isabella Capri Lux & Size is 1050cm.

I believe that this is a large awning and I am facing the prospect of having to put up the awning on my own the first time. Is this possible and if so what are the major pitfalls to avoid.

I do have instructions for the poles but I was more concerned about potentially getting the canvas inside out/back to front.It is on a grass pitch and I chickened out of it last time due to it being a bit windy. But I need the extra space so any tips or help appreciated

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

That seems quite a big awning to be put up by your self,may be some freindly camper will lend a hand, First lay out your ground sheet peg in each corner, lay canvas out, find the end of the bead that fits in the rail feed it through till it reaches the other end this will need two people one to pull one to feed, as for frame follow instrucions, but as a general rule fit centre pole and ridge first, use guy line to hold then left or right to complete, close all zips, start with one of the outer legs making sure it is square with the van, then opsite side, and peg out all round, do not over tighten as this can split the cavas when wet,

Have fun

Jim M

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
My instinct is with Klarky - nigh on impossible (even for an experienced caravanner), you just need the extra pair of hands for too many things. But it begs the question, has anyone ever put up a full size awning on their own...??

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Colin

Only everytime I use it, only time I find it a problem is when its a bit windy. Then I dont think 3 people would be enough.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

Our awning is 1000 and other half puts it up on his own,I generally take the children out of the way to the playground so he has a bit of peace, I think the main issue is the middle pole, once Ive held that for him he manges fine !!

Tina x

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I put my full size awning up on my own, the most difficult part is threading it through the awning rail, I push it through a bit then go to the other end and pull it round some then push it through again and so on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nearly always put mine up on my own (size 870) takes me about 20 mins if i dont muck about, that Isas a bit of a wopper though for a newbie, try and get some help, dont forget the silicone spray for the awning channel and dont even go there solo if its windy. good luck.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

Our awning is 1000 and other half puts it up on his own,I generally take the children out of the way to the playground so he has a bit of peace, I think the main issue is the middle pole, once Ive held that for him he manges fine !!

Tina x
Totally agree Tina, its much better when you have someone hold your middle pole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

Tina x
(0; x

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

I see you have got it cracked. Kids do have a use, after all (cheek in tongue!!!). Hope puppy is OK.

Ann
Hi Ann

yeah The trick is he thinks I'm helping by clearing everybody out the way!!!!we usually go off the playground or the shop and sit and eat sweets thinking "wonder if he's finished yet" haha. Puppy fine,chewing the entire contents of the house nicely, despite having a fortune spent on fancy chews!!!!!!!!

Tina xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neil,I put mine up on my own a 960cm,but if this is your first time get some help until you are familiar with putting it up,after that it's easy enough on your own.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
listen!!

thereis no way any one in the world can put up a full awning on their own,pegged out the lot its just not possible.evem with 'alice in wonderland magic poles'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
what do you meen karky, the lot? we're talking about putting an awning up, thread through channel, poles, zip on sides, peg out, i dont bother with curtains (look naf, my opinion) i oviously not includding laying out table and all the rest, dont bother calling me a liar again, i've done it loads in twenty mins.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
what do you meen karky, the lot? we're talking about putting an awning up, thread through channel, poles, zip on sides, peg out, i dont bother with curtains (look naf, my opinion) i oviously not includding laying out table and all the rest, dont bother calling me a liar again, i've done it loads in twenty mins.
NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR ELAN,JUST CAN'T SEE ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT THAT QUICK ON THEIR OWN,IF YOU SAY YOU CAN DO IT THEN SO BE IT.I WOULDN'T BELIEVE ANY BODY NOT ONLY YOU, UNLESS I COULD SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES.SORRY

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR ELAN,JUST CAN'T SEE ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT THAT QUICK ON THEIR OWN,IF YOU SAY YOU CAN DO IT THEN SO BE IT.I WOULDN'T BELIEVE ANY BODY NOT ONLY YOU, UNLESS I COULD SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES.SORRY
ok then, if i'm away over easter i'll time it from when the bags are on the ground, feel shore i can beat twenty

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts