HELP!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Good morning everyone.

Well its a lovely morning and I am just thinking about booking a June holiday. Looking at Hawthorne Farm CC site. However, I seem to recall that this particular coastline is 'static' city!

Has any forum member visited this site of late? If so can you advise if it is nestling between the static caravan sites? What are the dog walking facilities - good//poor? Is there a special area for this activity on site?

Our decision lies between:

Hawthorne Farm CCS, Lincolnshire

West Ayton CCS, North Yorkshire

Thanks for any response.

Ann

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann

We stopped at Hawthorn Farm about three years ago. It was a nice clean site, no probs at all.

Where it's situated is off the main Sutton on Sea road and then past a few houses and left onto the site. I don't recall seeing any statics on that site. I don't think there is a dog walk on the site, I might be wrong, but as you go out of the site, you can turn left and walk on the road (very rare to see any traffic on it) and you can walk some distance. From memory, there's farm land on both sides with the odd secluded house on each side. I walked my dog down there and never came upon any traffic.

I can't remember if there is a laundry on site, I think there might be. There is a laundry in Sutton on Sea along with a few shops for essentials. I think there is a chip shop too. The spar shop sold hot chickens etc.

You will have to check with the site to see if you can take your dogs on the beach. I know for certain that the main entrance to the beach at Maplethorpe, dogs are banned. I would definately look into the full stretch of beach as things might have changed since I was last there. I took my dog on the beach at Sutton in the evenings and gave her a few good gallops as dogs were allowed then.

As for the area, there's a Haven site at Mablethorpe (about three miles away and you get the usual people who tend to frequent those sites). There is also another large static place further along in Mablethorpe. Skegness is very much a hen and stag place in the evenings and it does get very busy during the days. They do have some shops on the main stretch, they even had an M&S the last time I went there.

So to sum up, nice site away from main roads but do bear in mind that the area is very much a bucket and spade holiday. If you're after culture etc, prob best not to go there.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Lisa

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Yes, you`re not surrounded by statics and the beaches just south of Sutton-on-Sea are really good.

Just dont go to Mablethorpe (although it`s like being in "Life On Mars"), or Skeggy unless you LOVE mile after mile of statics and the people which these sites attract.

Not intending to offend, but thats my view....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts