HELP !

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Help !

My now not so beloved has just taken the middle corner of my brand new caravan off on a gatepost ! it has lifted the awning rail and ripped the fibreglass, I am numb with shock and he is numb with the whack he got ! What do I need to do to protect it while awaiting repair ? will it ever be the same again? what are the average costs for this type of damage ? this is my first ever van I cant believe it !!

Please tell me all is not lost,am insured but only got the van saturday so havnt even got my docs yet !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh Tina (((((Hug)))

Well I am sure it will be sorted by the insurance Company I am sure they are used to this sort of thing. My husband did a similar thing when our Volvo V70 was 3 weeks old! apart from feeding him on bread and water and cutting off his allowance! things could be worse. You could have done it!

Good luck

Caroline

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Oh Tina (((((Hug)))

Well I am sure it will be sorted by the insurance Company I am sure they are used to this sort of thing. My husband did a similar thing when our Volvo V70 was 3 weeks old! apart from feeding him on bread and water and cutting off his allowance! things could be worse. You could have done it!

Good luck

Caroline
ha ! thanks caroline at least you've made me smile !!!Which I hav'nt for the last two hours !!

I suppose on the bright side when the conversation of women drivers comes up it will be a good " remember when......"

thanks ! xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina, I know this will not be any consolation at this time but be grateful nobody was hurt. When the shock has died down I am sure you will get it repaired and in a short time it will all be behind you.

To put it into perspective I was travelling over Askers Hill on the A35 dorset Coast road and a caravan was caught by the wind and it ended ended up on its roof. Thankfully the people in the car were not hurt but were shocked and shaken.

Good luck but remember everybody can make an error and don't let something like that ruin a relationship.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that ray you are quite right it,s a minor blip that will soon be fixed, it was just that it was my first ever van after months of research and we hadnt even been anywhere.

we are both smiling now and as you say there

are always people worse off , thanks for putting it in perspective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! many SAFE journeys to you all !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina, I am so sorry you must both be gutted. Similar thing happened to us with our first van. We went to Durham to visit some friends. Four hours there and four hours back without a mishap. Driving through the gates of the storage site, my husband took a wheel arch and the kitchen window off.

The worst long term effect was that hubby lost his confidence and we both had to go on a course to try and get it back. Otherwise, I think we would both have sold the van and bought a time share instead! I'm glad we didn't and so will you be. Get some practise in and learn to tow as well. And smooth his wounded ego. It's much worse for men than it is for women. No-one was hurt and you live to caravan another day! Best wishes (to you both), Roz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts