HELP!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
With all this talk of "Trackers"etc. w had a Phantom system, on our last Coachman , very good, every time the battery went below 12.5 volt they would call us, on a windy night they would call us, I believe the system is better now and alerts you if the caravan is moving at more than 15 mph and you have not disabled the tracker,
So to steal a caravan , just tow it away slowly, . I have not seen anything on their information about contacting the Police.
Sorry let them steal my caravan Trash it. I will claim back.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our Tracker “Tracker” is one of the first models made. It still works and is proactive . Whilst I pay no fee it is still talking to Tracker. Any movement , tilting, entry will trigger it. I must conclude the later versions must be far better??

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Tracker “Tracker” is one of the first models made. It still works and is proactive . Whilst I pay no fee it is still talking to Tracker. Any movement , tilting, entry will trigger it. I must conclude the later versions must be far better??
I am not aware that any Tracker tracker fitted to any brand of caravan is proactive. The only tracker that was fitted to caravans that was proactive was the Phantom tracker which is different to the Tracker tracker.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I am not aware that any Tracker tracker fitted to any brand of caravan is proactive. The only tracker that was fitted to caravans that was proactive was the Phantom tracker which is different to the Tracker tracker.
My apologies. Mine is reactive. Any movement or tilting supposedly triggers it

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
How is it proactive? How can it react until something untoward happens?

I've seen one definition which states "The device is proactive so will warn the operating centre of unauthorised movement." but that's reactive as it won't do anything unless and until unauthorised movement occurs - so just marketing BS really - unless it can predict unauthorised movement before it happens.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My apologies. Mine is reactive. Any movement or tilting supposedly triggers it
If it is reactive that will not happen.

How is it proactive? How can it react until something untoward happens?

I've seen one definition which states "The device is proactive so will warn the operating centre of unauthorised movement." but that's reactive as it won't do anything unless and until unauthorised movement occurs - so just marketing BS really - unless it can predict unauthorised movement before it happens.
I guess that you are trying to be pedantic when there is no need for words to be twisted. Stick with your definition if it makes you happy as I am not in the mood for arguing about definitions. (y):D

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I guess that you are trying to be pedantic when there is no need for words to be twisted. Stick with your definition if it makes you happy as I am not in the mood for arguing about definitions. (y):D
It's you that extols the "proactive" Phantom - which can't be proactive unless it's AI.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It's you that extols the "proactive" Phantom - which can't be proactive unless it's AI.
It is not my problem how you want to define "proactive" in this context, but if it makes you happy then so be it. Most know in thsi case what is meant by a tracker being proactive. Shame that you cannot accept it. :cry:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If it is reactive that will not happen.
You’ve lost me B.
My Tracker Tracker includes a movement sensor which recognises tilting jacking physical movement from its stationary location, senses entry. Calls Tracker immediately who then do their thing. It includes a loud audible warning.
let’s not get into semantics but if mine is not pro active, not reactive what the heck is it😵‍💫😵‍💫

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You’ve lost me B.
My Tracker Tracker includes a movement sensor which recognises tilting jacking physical movement from its stationary location, senses entry. Calls Tracker immediately who then do their thing. It includes a loud audible warning.
let’s not get into semantics but if mine is not pro active, not reactive what the heck is it😵‍💫😵‍💫
😂 Are you sure it is a Tracker tracker and not a Phantom tracker? Elddis and some other brands fitted the Phantom tracker on earlier models.

Our 2016 had the Phantom tracker, but our 2018 had the useless reactive Tracker fitted. We have never initialised the Tracker as had the Phantom tracker installed prior to delivery.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
😂 Are you sure it is a Tracker tracker and not a Phantom tracker? Elddis and some other brands fitted the Phantom tracker on earlier models.

Our 2016 had the Phantom tracker, but our 2018 had the useless reactive Tracker fitted. We have never initialised the Tracker as had the Phantom tracker installed prior to delivery.
Defo the Tracker Tracker

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts