Hendra holiday park in newquay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we are planning our 2007 holiday and i liked the look of this campsite i have been let down this year on web site photos and dont trust the web sites anymore , please any feedback on this site toilets , pool etc..... Hope you can help we are a family 2 boys 11 and 13 cheers

Andrew

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I stayed here in 1977 with my parents it was very popular then and believe it still is, we were interested in going with my family last year but we went further on down the coast.

I set for a brochure the place looks huge nowadays.

Give feed back if you do go there, good luck if you do go there, and I hope you won't be disappointed.

Allyson

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Andrew,

Its a few years since we stayed there, and yes the spaces were a bit tight (we went mid August) but the site was clean and well kept. I remember the shower blocks were looking a bit old but don't know if they have since been updated. We also stayed there twice before that in their static caravans so we have had some good holidays there. The entertainment was excellent.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
we have been once and i can say that we will never ever go again. we arrived early,( in july) to find a field full of people awaiting to pitch up, hours ( 6 to be precise) and then they started letting people in, however they were letting people onto their pitches that had just turned up and not us poor souls that had been waiting hours( they did let us use there on site facitilties but with 3 young children this was no joy for us)

when we did get set up we were packed in, and we could hear everything the people were saying in the next van.

we asked if we could be put away from anybody who had a dog , as i have a daughter who is scared to death of them. we ended up next to a pitch with two great big german shephards.

when we complained to the reception we were told that there was no where else that it was a case of put up with it. we were glad when we moved to Polmanter at St Ives ( we left early as the site was so bad)

next year some friends of ours went , we told them what it was like, they ended up moving on, before the end of their week saying that they thought we were excaterating, they found out the hard way that we wasnt!!

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Hendra a couple of years ago,We had a super pitch.Which are quite expensive, they are fully serviced and you get plenty room. The pitches are clearly marked out.

The normal pitches where very close together, they where so close the guy ropes where crossing from one pitch onto the other.The park itself is very good with first class facilities.the shower block is modern spotless and cleaned hourly. The pools are excelent,although you have to buy tickets for the indoor pool,which is also open to the public,buying these when booking your holiday will save you money.the outdoor pool is free. There is a little train that runs around the park every morning for the young ones which is very popular so get there early.

Overall an exellent site even though a bit expensive great holiday

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
we have been once and i can say that we will never ever go again. we arrived early,( in july) to find a field full of people awaiting to pitch up, hours ( 6 to be precise) and then they started letting people in, however they were letting people onto their pitches that had just turned up and not us poor souls that had been waiting hours( they did let us use there on site facitilties but with 3 young children this was no joy for us)

when we did get set up we were packed in, and we could hear everything the people were saying in the next van.

we asked if we could be put away from anybody who had a dog , as i have a daughter who is scared to death of them. we ended up next to a pitch with two great big german shephards.

when we complained to the reception we were told that there was no where else that it was a case of put up with it. we were glad when we moved to Polmanter at St Ives ( we left early as the site was so bad)

next year some friends of ours went , we told them what it was like, they ended up moving on, before the end of their week saying that they thought we were excaterating, they found out the hard way that we wasnt!!
Hi Dave and Bev

Glad we decided to go further South to Polmanter, St. Ives what an excellant site.

Could not fault this site last year, and people on site where booking to go back in 2007 after staying there several times.

Some sites just get greedy and put more and more people on along with the extra charges with pool facilites.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there about 5 years ago and all in all I thought the site was ok. It was clean and tidy, the club and entertainment was great. As for the size of the pitch, we were there in mid August and would say the size of it was about the same as any other park of the same calibre we have been on. I have found that all of the big parks do tend to cram you in , but our experience was not as bad as Dave & Bevs was.

The only major gripe I had was the fact that all the people who had dogs seemed to think themselves to good to pick up their dogs mess, this did get annoying playing swing ball and dodge the turd at the same time. It was very difficult to place the blame as they all seemed to be ignoring their dogs actions....since then we have allways requested to be on a no pets part of the sites...

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
sorry to post again, but we use Google Earth to get a better view of any site we intend to stay at...the free download does seem to cover most of the country.It gives a great idea of perspective and exactly hw close to the town and beach it realy is.....campsites beware the game is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dave and Bev

Glad we decided to go further South to Polmanter, St. Ives what an excellant site.

Could not fault this site last year, and people on site where booking to go back in 2007 after staying there several times.

Some sites just get greedy and put more and more people on along with the extra charges with pool facilites.
Hi Allyson,

i have to agree with you we love polmanter we would rather pay a bit extra and get a really nice site, i hate being packed unfortunatley we were too late in book for this year and i was told at the time that if i wanted to get in for 2007 that i had to book soon as it was filling up but im not surprised, as this site gets better every year i have been.

Bev

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

I have never stayed on this site but have driven round plenty of times & i have to say i would not touch this site with a barge pole even if it was the last site on earth. Too cramped in, noisey, overcrowded,no care for holidymakers, like blackpool. We have been staying at a site about 4 miles away just outside perranporth called Newperran www.newperran.co.uk every year since 1994 & have to say its fantastic. Plenty of space perimeter pitching so there is plenty of room in front of caravan for children to play. 1 recently refurbished toilet block 3 more being done for 2007, lovely pool nice friendly pub, with entertainment about 3 nights of the week, shop etc & husband & wife owners who actually care about holidaymakers. Its the perfect site.

We also have a superpitch which are even more spacious.

Sorry but i just had to voice my opinion of Hendra.

Good Luck

David

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
i dont think its a case of if your boring then you wont like this site, personaly i didnt like it and not because im boring!!

Try explaining to a six year old what the funny noises are coming from next doors van, as they are so close to you that you can hear everything!!

Feb 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Ive been caravanning nearly 30 years, and first went to hendra

in the 70`s We always took all the Kids there because there was plenty to do on the campsite if we were hit by the good old english weather.myself and wife stayed a week in september 06, It was very busy, the facilities were excellent The shower block was very well Kept and monitored The site has been developed and now there is stacks to do for the kids and yes it is very popular the site is well maintained my tip is choose your pitch before you book and then pay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts