Heritage Caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seen on another forum, press release for new caravan maker Interesting use of materials .Planning to be producing caravans from September , based in Plymouth, options to choose outer colours from 60s BMC shade guide, hand built to order, solid wood kitchen cabinets.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Hutch, link doesn't seem to be working, i lifted it from Caravan Talk, but I also googled Heritage Caravans Plymouth and they have a website with proposed models weights and prices

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Hutch, link doesn't seem to be working, i lifted it from Caravan Talk, but I also googled Heritage Caravans Plymouth and they have a website with proposed models weights and prices
Got it.

Wow, those prices.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The weights don't seem too bad, but can't get the image of a Minor Traveller and gypsy caravan love child out of my head. I do admire the people behind it for having a go, not sure it will work but wish them well. They say they are aiming at 20 a year initially rising to 50 when fully operational. I suppose those prices reflect the hand built bespoke element and however much we all moan about the quality of the mass produced offerings, those are the prices we would have to pay for a better quality build. I can't see any mention of warranties or damp ingress guarantees either. there was a post on CT forum following the hand building of another brand, maybe Inos? where the buyer posted pictures during the build, and incorporating his personal features, obviously it was a modern shape with the slide out side but that was a lot of money too, well beyond my means.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The weights don't seem too bad, but can't get the image of a Minor Traveller and gypsy caravan love child out of my head. I do admire the people behind it for having a go, not sure it will work but wish them well. They say they are aiming at 20 a year initially rising to 50 when fully operational. I suppose those prices reflect the hand built bespoke element and however much we all moan about the quality of the mass produced offerings, those are the prices we would have to pay for a better quality build. I can't see any mention of warranties or damp ingress guarantees either. there was a post on CT forum following the hand building of another brand, maybe Inos? where the buyer posted pictures during the build, and incorporating his personal features, obviously it was a modern shape with the slide out side but that was a lot of money too, well beyond my means.
Do you mean something like this? Picture taken in France where they had been touring around. Zoom in and look at the towing hitch dolly arrangement.

Morris Minor towing.jpg

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did see the caravans on Google this morning. Not sure about the weights but the aerodynamics look a disaster and possibly best used as a seasonal pitch if you buy one. It will make you the talking point of any site though.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I did see the caravans on Google this morning. Not sure about the weights but the aerodynamics look a disaster and possibly best used as a seasonal pitch if you buy one. It will make you the talking point of any site though.
At £75000 I would want full use of it. I wonder if it will suffer from cracked ABS panels. TBH I think it is gong to be a non starter. The Inos is a better bet and cheaper also.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that any buyers will have a specific purpose for it and will be able to live with the price. Possibly to be used sited and with a charge to match the price,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts