Hi from Fife, and a quick question.

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. We are just about to take delivery of our first caravan, a 2016 Xplore 304. All very exciting, and a little scary if i am honest! We have been tent folk for many years, although I do have a little caravan experience through years of going away with my parents. Things have moved on since the 70's though!!
Can I just ask a little question about awning sizing. We are eying up a full size Dorema , as it fits the budget and the dog! The 304 has an A-measurement of 8200mm and the sizes are Size 7 8000 up to 8250, and Size 8,8250 to 8500. my gut instinct is to go with the larger size to allow for ground irregularities, but I thought I would ask some experts first.
Cheers.x

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum and to Caravanning. Nice van. We have experience with an Xplore 302 and are well impressed with how much space is packed into tiny dimensions. Not sure that I can help with the awning, we use an inflatable porch awning on ours. The vango rapide 250 fits great, although goes over the front window a bit. Really easy to put up. Take your point about ground irregularities but an awning which is too large will not be taut and will flap about. Would be interested in the opinion of others.
Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I would be inclined to go with the smaller size, as it does actually encompass your sizes. The larger one may be very baggy and slack. If you are hellbent on Dorema, have a look at their factory clearance link, its reasonable stuff. Also, dont discount a used one, buying a good quality used Isabella may be another good choice.

Give some thought as to the Carbon poles too.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I would go with the smaller size which will fit. As Mel says the larger size will be somewhat bigger than the caravan and may be slack. Dorema is a good make and will have allowed for uneven pitches when designing it.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
You may, hopefully I am not contravening forum regs. I have a 950 Ambassador Insignia, CarbonX, currently on Ebay.
If you contact Parksy, I am happy for him to give you my email address if its a suitable size.

Just had a look at sizes, from the Izzy website

Bailey Unicorn III Seville 2015 947 950

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
You may, hopefully I am not contravening forum regs. I have a 950 Ambassador Insignia, CarbonX, currently on Ebay.
If you contact Parksy, I am happy for him to give you my email address if its a suitable size.

Just had a look at sizes, from the Izzy website

Bailey Unicorn III Seville 2015 947 950
We don't allow any form of advertising on this forum Thingy, see Rule 6 and I'm not about to get involved in buying and selling on the forum

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, just seen this. I wasnt sure about whether I was breaking the rules as many times in the past we have highlighted adverts elsewhere from caravan related companies. As I was actually selling on Ebay, I guess I didnt think i was braking the rules. I am in no urgent rush to sell the thing, I was merely trying to help out a member with a bargain.

I will consider myself chastised and not be a naughty boy again. Not this week anyhoo B)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Sorry, just seen this. I wasnt sure about whether I was breaking the rules as many times in the past we have highlighted adverts elsewhere from caravan related companies. As I was actually selling on Ebay, I guess I didnt think i was braking the rules. I am in no urgent rush to sell the thing, I was merely trying to help out a member with a bargain.

I will consider myself chastised and not be a naughty boy again. Not this week anyhoo B)

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but whenever unauthorised adverts (spam) from caravan related companies appear on the message boards we delete them and ban the spammer.
I asked the old Haymarket admin several times if we could have a users classified advert section but they wouldn't do it.
The current admin never communicate with us so there's no one to ask.
I know that you were only being helpful Thingy, otherwise I'd have deleted your post. ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought but if you do actually want to let members sell related items and the Gods cant be bothered, why not just do it?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Just a thought but if you do actually want to let members sell related items and the Gods cant be bothered, why not just do it?

I take your point Thingy, but what this forum needs is a proper classified free advert section that would be properly administered with classified ads being submitted for vetting before they were posted.
If I simply allowed adverts for unwanted caravan accessories to appear on the regular forum message boards, not only would I myself be in breach of forum etiquette which would then undermine the overall position of moderator, but forum members would soon tire of having to trawl through various adverts to reach their own comments or interests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts