Hi from West Sussex

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi, newbies here! In the process of making up our minds what to buy but the Sprite Major 6 and Xplore 546 are strong possibilities. We have considered looking at the Avondale Dart 556/6 as well - but the nearest dealer with one in stock is miles and miles away. We currently have a 56 plate 2.0 TDCi 130 Mondeo Estate which makes the Sprite a 91% match which is a little high in my opinion (for someone starting out) but I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on this (I guess you can always be careful what you pack!). Any views on the vans themselves would be good too! Thanks!

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

Have you considered the bailey Ranger 550/6 - I beleive it has the same layaout as the vans you are looking at. We have had one for over 3 years and rate it highly.

We happliy towed it with our Mondeo 130 tdci for over 2 years with no problem at all.

Good luck, Martin.

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

Have you considered the bailey Ranger 550/6 - I beleive it has the same layaout as the vans you are looking at. We have had one for over 3 years and rate it highly.

We happliy towed it with our Mondeo 130 tdci for over 2 years with no problem at all.

Good luck, Martin.
Thanks Martin, yes it does have a similar layout. We looked at a 540/6 (liked the idea of shutting the kids away at night!) but weren't sure about the decor. However, we'll take a look at a 550/6 at the weekend as we will be visiting a Bailey dealer. I get the feeling that Bailey owners are a content lot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts