Hi - new caravan owner - can you tell mw what it is?

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have never owned a caravan before and didn't intend to! However I have got one, but no idea what it is, other than the outside says 'Burstner Lux' in faded letters. I'm guessing by looking its 1980's but not sure, can anyone help? How do I find a manual or guide or something? I can post pics to help but I don't know how to?

Thanks in advance, and here's to fun weekends away in my new caravan!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz has identified you caravan as a Burstner. the good news is that these are very well built, so given rasonable care from new to now it should be in good condition. the less good news is that the instruction books for Continental caravans (as opposed to UK built) tend to be more about how to arrange the cushions and less about the technicalities like wiring diagrams. ( I write as the owner of a Burstner 2005 model.)

Having said that, most of the equipment should be 'common' and it may have been built to UK rather than european specification.

Suggest you read the Beginners section on this website and se how far that helps. Next suggestion is to find a local freindly experienced caravanner who will probably be only too happy to look over youe 'van and run through how things (should) work.

Alternatively find an Approved Workshop - some are mobile and will come to you - and get the van thoroughtly checked over unless you have a full service history record with it. A van of this age should have had at least one change of tyres and needs the gas and electric systems checked over.

Sorry if this all sounds heavy - we're happy to welcome you to the fraternity (or soriety) of caravanning and hope you will have many hapy years with this and perhaps other 'vans. if you need help in any particular area, please post again, but read through the Topic headings to ensure your question gets the maximum exposure.

TRENDING THREADS