hi my name is richard my wife is called joanne we have 3 daughters.Wedd the cardinal sin we bought a carvan before we bought a car we bought a sprite musketeer cd 1988 and we could do wit a bit of advise as to what car we need to pull the unit with i`ve pulled it with a volkswagen bora 130bhp,this was unladen,but the pennies might not run to that he he.I have been looking at the citreon c5 diesel,vauxhall zafira diesel,skoda octavaia diesel or the bora 110bhp any advise would be gratefully reieved

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello Richard. I'd check the weight of the van then use that to get a list of suitable cars. I'm going to guess that its MGW is around 1100kg. This will rule ot the Zafira 2.0 DTi diesel as their max tow weight is only 1050kgs which is why I didn't buy one! The Bora has a kerbweight of roughly 1440kg so 85% will be 1224kg. The Skoda is about the same and the C5 is too. Personally I would plump for a VAG group car as they tend to be nicely equipped and have good diesel engines. The Skoda's are indecently cheap for what you get and will be cheaper than a Bora for the same age/mileage. Oh and they use the same parts, right down to the floorpan. Over to you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts