Hi Newbie here! I have aquired a Bessacar GL550.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Best to download the system owners manual if you don’t have a copy as it will describe how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot the system.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Justin and welcome.

Yes, you can use gas at the same time as mains. Provides over 7kw if memory serves.

But if I needed to heat the van quickly, I would use the Alde on gas, but as the whole system needs heating, it can be slow at first. I would also use a small convector heater on the mains to warm the air and us.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Justin and welcome.

Yes, you can use gas at the same time as mains. Provides over 7kw if memory serves.

But if I needed to heat the van quickly, I would use the Alde on gas, but as the whole system needs heating, it can be slow at first. I would also use a small convector heater on the mains to warm the air and us.

John
I've found the quickest way to warm the caravan from cold is to run the Alde on gas and use a conventional fan heater for about 30 mins, then turn off the fan heater and use the Alde on electric.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I've found the quickest way to warm the caravan from cold is to run the Alde on gas and use a conventional fan heater for about 30 mins, then turn off the fan heater and use the Alde on electric.

As I do, you just phrased it much better. :)

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It will work on either or both. As othderclive says I would download the manual from the Alde website but you will need the model number for this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts