hillhead c c park devon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, we stayed there last October for a weekend. The site is really nice and I would highly recommend it. It was quiet when we were there so I am not sure what it would be like during the peak season.

It has a bar with an outside dining area with patio heaters which looks really nice. The shower blocks are really modern and very clean.

Mark.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, we stayed there last October for a weekend. The site is really nice and I would highly recommend it. It was quiet when we were there so I am not sure what it would be like during the peak season.

It has a bar with an outside dining area with patio heaters which looks really nice. The shower blocks are really modern and very clean.

Mark.
thanks for your info mark brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went to Hillhead last July just before the kids broke up for summer hols.

The site is as the previous post describes but if you have a large van there aren't many pitches that can accomodate them.

We have a 23ft single axle van and on arrival the wardens had allocated pitch numbers, we found it very hard work trying to squeeze our van up a bank and onto the pitch. The pitch was not big enough so we had to pitch lenghtways looking straight into our neighbours awning.

When we spoke to the wardens they said they were having real problems with pitch sizes as a lot of pitches would not take the larger vans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, We went to Hillhead last August and were very disappointed by it. Yes, the restaurant area and pool were nice but with regard to the pitches you really are in the lap of the gods. Unlike other C.C. sites, you are allocated a pitch. A lot of these were very cramped and ours was no exception. The site has lots of little cul de sacs bordered by high hedge rows. Our pitch had a high hedge on two sides,a busy pathway to the shower block about 3' from the back of the van leaving the only other view in to the awning. The only place for us to leave our car was in front of the awning and this then partly obstructed the entrance to our cul de sac. From parts of the site there are sea views but to call them stunning is stretching the imagination. Trewethett Farm C.C. site has stunning sea views, Hillhead is not in the same class. As a rule we love C.C. sites but to us, Hillhead was a let down. Best Wishes, George T.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we had the same problem 3 years ago on this site before the site was done up

our van is same 22 ft had a real problem went in one of the bays the warden did not warn us and had a terrible job getting out we had our money bck and went on to galmpton touring park in between brixham and paignton brill site and as lovley views looking over the river dart

we found with hillhead it is a good way of the main road

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts