Hitch Lock??

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
My Insurance company tell sme I now have to have a hitch lock or my policy will be void.

I explained I have a tracker, wheel clamp, alarm/tilt switches and Al-Ko secure wheel lock and when it is at home I have 2 cameras looking at the van..... But they still insisted.

I thought I would be wasting my time telling them of the mine field and moat full of crocodiles surrounding the van.

My question is, can anyone recommend a half decent (cheap) hitch lock.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Think I would invest in a hitch lock just to keep the Ins. Co. up to date, I use one for that very same reason and it would`nt take 1 minute to remove without the key. A useless piece of security equipment in my view but it`s what they ask for, it`s only used while stored at my home.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
if you have the alko wheel lock then the alko hitchlock would be most likely candidate,easily forced off with a medium screwdriver but you will have complied with your insurance company requirements.My insurance (C&CC) want one with the Alko wheel lock,not fussed over tracker so I have cancelled subscription,god alone knows the logic but there you go

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Al Ko hitchlock can be left on when you are towing but it is not recommended by the emergency services.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts