Hobby Caravan Contol Panel not displaying battery status

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
I have replaced the battery in my caravan for an AGM type and am conscious I need to change the settings but the battery icon has now completely disappeared from the display on the control panel. Any ideas?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have an AGM battery in our Elddis caravan and the only adjustment was to change the solar panel controller to recognise the AGM battery. Can you post a picture of the control panel in question?
Hobbys generally never came with 12v battery fittings as standard as it is an optional extra for the British market? Included in the option pack is a battery sensor which it seems may be the culprit as it does not recognise the AGM battery for some reason.
I think you need to go back to the dealer who sold the caravan and ask them.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have an AGM battery in our Elddis caravan and the only adjustment was to change the solar panel controller to recognise the AGM battery. Can you post a picture of the control panel in question?
Hobbys generally never came with 12v battery fittings as standard as it is an optional extra for the British market? Included in the option pack is a battery sensor which it seems may be the culprit as it doe snot recognise the AGM battery for some reason.
I think you need to go back to the dealer who sold the caravan and ask them.
Oh deer! 🤣🤣🤣

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
I am fully aware that Hobby's don't come with leisure batteries as standard. Even though I had seen the option on the control panel, I checked with the dealer before replacing the battery with an AGM type to ensure the charger was capable of dealing with it (I know from past experience Sargeant chargers can't). Unfortunately, the dealer has now gone on holiday for 2 weeks. I've tried putting the old battery back on, but the symbol still hasn't returned so it's not that it's an AGM it can't recognise but yes very probably it's a dodgy sensor. Will have to wait for dealer to return from his holidays.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts