Hoburne Bashley - No more half day bookings

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hoburne no longer take half day bookings with immediate effect.

Apparently, they have decided to stop this now as it takes up too much admin for them and causes queues at their reception - something I have very rarely seen in the 15 odd years I've been going there....

They are saying though that you can book 3 nights and get a 15% discount on the complete stay which comes out a little bit more expensive, but this isn't available all year round so seems pointless when the weather starts to get better!

By the way, this is a Head Office decision, the staff on site said they disagree and are getting a lot of complaints about it.

We only live an hour away from the New Forest, so we used to make the most of this service and make the weekend last that little bit longer. We'll be looking for alternative sites now, which is a shame as it's a good site.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Oh that is annoying. Its bad enough that they want you off at 10am on departure day and the wardens are round prompt if you haven't left. Now you dont even have that flexibility to stay on.

I wonder if they will eventually do what they did at Hoburne Park and go all static,as they have been encroaching onto the second touring field with statics for a while now. Perhaps by alienating the touring customers they will then justify having fewer pitches for us.....just like they did at Hoburne Park from about 1999 onwards!

I used to love Hoburne Park and while I have had some good holidays at Bashley, they havent quite been the same.

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
manger told us years ago they wanted to go all static because people in statics dont go out to the bar every night so no need to spend money on making place bigger we have stopped going because you cant get into dancing room when we first went the woodland area was also touring

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Some more of the C field (closest field to the shop) is being taken over by statics over the winter. You cant even walk round that way now which means a longer walk (or short drive!) to the shop, swimming pool etc now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts