Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
We are thinking about a trip to holland for next year's holiday. Can anybody recommend a good site that is ideal for teanagers but not too 'noisy'. Ideally near the beach or a short drive away and has to have a pool.

many thanks

Craig

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Dear Craig

We went to Duinrell in Holland in May of this year, with 2 teenagers (13 and 15), and a dog. It was May 1/2 Term, so it was quite busy. This is a very large site, and quite a lot of walking around it, but the kids loved it. It has a FREE Amusement Park, which we worried would be too young for our two, but quite a lot of the rides were really hairy. Also, some really wicked thrill rides. Site set in the middle of a forest, with lovely rhodedendron bushes.

Also, it has the Tiki Pool, which has some fantastic, scary water slides. My two have been on loads of water slides in the past, but nothing like these! It took a lot for them to get their nerve up to go on some of them. If you book early, you get unlimited access like we did, otherwise you get 2 hours swimming a day, incl. lazy river.

The theme park and pool kept our 2 going all week. In fact, they went off on their own a lot of the time, as we were too slow, so we hardly saw them. Got lots of time on our own.

Not too far for trips to Amsterdam, also Leiden well worth a visit. Also, fantastic beach just a short drive down the road.

We think Duinrell has everthing, although was a bit noisy sometimes at night (not from the English!). Think it would be busy in the Summer Holidays, but for Easter, October or a May 1/2 Term break, it was fantastic value for money. The Duingalows look really good (we took our own caravan). Easy route, mostly motorways, and easy access onto the pitch. Some pitches are larger than others, but loads to choose from. Toilets and showers spotless. Hope this helps. Have a look on their website (google Duinrell). I think you will be surprised.

It was the FREE swimming and FREE ALL WEEK theme park that did it for us. The kids want to go back next year, but we are going to France instead. Incidentally, we went there in August, to Parc des Alicourts in the Sologne, Loire Valley. What can I say, it was absolutely fabulous. Spotless, wonderful design and layout, excellent facilites, loads to do, and we are going back next year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts