Home insurance renewal on our bungalow

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just been looking at the compare the market and 65 quotes have come up it says if you pay annually you can save then direct debit i have seen some are bit cheap but came across this one we might be interested it called MBNA (by Lloyd Banking Group ) and they do 12 months by direct debit interest free and looks good has anyone been with them

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Friends of ours have their home insurance via LLoyds of which MBNA are linked. . They also have travel insurance too as a part of their Lloyds bank account. So it’s a reputable company. Can’t say how good they are in the event of a claim as fortunately our friends have never had to claim.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Friends of ours have their home insurance via LLoyds of which MBNA are linked. . They also have travel insurance too as a part of their Lloyds bank account. So it’s a reputable company. Can’t say how good they are in the event of a claim as fortunately our friends have never had to claim.
Hi Clive sounds like they could be good might look in for travel as well Thanks

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Get a quote from LV= - they are consistently voted second only to Saga for customer satisfaction but they are significantly cheaper. If you have more than one policy with them - such as house and car - you get discount off both items. Been with them for years and no complaints.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Get a quote from LV= - they are consistently voted second only to Saga for customer satisfaction but they are significantly cheaper. If you have more than one policy with them - such as house and car - you get discount off both items. Been with them for years and no complaints.
Have made a note in the diary for next year thanks for your input (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have made a note in the diary for next year thanks for your input (y)

With your wife’s NHS background you could join Boundless and get discounts on many things including tyres and LV. Our Boundless annual fee more than pays for itself.
Re LV we use them fir car, breakdown, home and travel insurance. We claimed twice in our previous house fir flooding from buried CH pipes. On both occasions they managed everything for us, so my experience is very positive regarding their level of service when things go awry.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
My experience with them as a third party was very bad and I would not even look at them now. In addition the business has been sold and things seem to have changed so I would not rely on earlier surveys or experience.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My experience with them as a third party was very bad and I would not even look at them now. In addition the business has been sold and things seem to have changed so I would not rely on earlier surveys or experience.
Don’t confuse the separation between the mutual insurance arm and the standard insurance arm. All I can say is that on two occasions for a home flooding claim I could not fault them. Our last flood February 2019.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Don’t confuse the separation between the mutual insurance arm and the standard insurance arm. All I can say is that on two occasions for a home flooding claim I could not fault them. Our last flood February 2019.
Allianz are now the sole shareholder of the general insurance business, and it has separated from the Friendly Society (Mutual).

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I was not confused as I have worked all my life in Insurance claims. As Niall says the insurance arm has been sold by the life company and are now owned by Alliance and from what I have heard things have changed although that is not to say your claims would not have been settled in the same manor.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB, I hope you have made the right decision. I assume you have compared the actual cover you have purchased with what you had before? Do you have full Accidental damage on both buildings and contents? Do you need extra cover for valuables ?
Which? Rates Lloyds 3rd best, excellent. Is this the MBNA?
looks a good deal on paper👍

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB, I hope you have made the right decision. I assume you have compared the actual cover you have purchased with what you had before? Do you have full Accidental damage on both buildings and contents? Do you need extra cover for valuables ?
Which? Rates Lloyds 3rd best, excellent. Is this the MBNA?
looks a good deal on paper👍
Yes we have full Accidental damage on both for some years now and we have took out extra cover on valuables my wife got a very expensive eternity ring and my fishing gear

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts