Honda CRV 2.2

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I presently tow with a TD4 Freelander (06) and pull a Senator Arizona (MTPLM : 1500kg: 91%). I am totally satisfied with this. However, within the next few months I intend to upgrade my car. My shortlist includes a Freelander 2 but I have also been looking at the Santa Fe (the 7 year warranty is an added attraction!) but also the Honda CRV 2.2 iCTDi SE. With the Freelander 2, I am conscious that I am paying a lot for technology that I will never use. The Honda addresses this. Should I consider this combination further? I would welcome your views!! Thanks.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm doing exactly the same. However you will find the Santa Fe warrenty is 5 years. The Kia Sportage is I think the only 4x4 with 7 years. remember that most if not all manufacturers offer extended warrentys, at a price yes, but you can factor that in. Honda do a great deal for servicing,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm doing exactly the same. However you will find the Santa Fe warrenty is 5 years. The Kia Sportage is I think the only 4x4 with 7 years. remember that most if not all manufacturers offer extended warrentys, at a price yes, but you can factor that in. Honda do a great deal for servicing,

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
The x trail auto is a CVT box (belts etc) limited to about 1320 kg towing.

The extended warrenty should cover everything except consumables (brakes clutch etc). On the Mazda it also extended the Pan European breakdown cover. I took one out on my Mazda 6 and 4 weeks before the end of the extra 2 years a rear caliper stuck on and the bill was going to be

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We tow a Senator Indiana (1500kg) with the new CRV 2.2ctdi. After a bit of mileage (and oil) the engine loosened up nicely. It now tows very well (24mpg) but does sit a liitle low when fully loaded (teens, bikes, etc.) with a witter detachable towbar. It is very car like to drive, very smooth power curve really whereas my old x-trail had more low down grunt.

Overall pleased - had a few product updates (recalls) which should have been sorted now on new models (mine was March 07).

Should be a couple of deals ut there at the moment - local dealer told me that selling new cars is like holding shares in a bank - worthless!

Sep 11, 2007
Visit site
We tow with an 07 Honda CR-V 2.2dti but the caravan is only 2 berth so about 1300kg. Average towing MPG 24 average solo 41 mostly town driving. Previously I've had VW diesels which have used a lot of oil but I rarely need to top up the Honda. I negotiated a deal on the removeable Honda towbar when I ordered the vehicle and including single 13pin electrics paid

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I would agree with the others above regards the CR-V. I tow only around 1300kg, but the CR-V has performed perfectly, and is especially good to drive solo. The gear box has probably one more gear than is absolutely neccessary, but I suspect, like many other manufacturers, Honda put the extra gear in to help with the CO 2 ratings. It is a very comfortable car to drive, and I have found it to be a very stable tow car. I've had it for nearly two years now, towed a few thousand miles, and cannot really find anything to complain about.

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
My wife's CRV 2.2 CDTI EX tows my near 1700 kgs Sterling Europa 620 like a dream and both solo and towing is an enjoyable experience- it is great to own due to problems with 2008 new model C5 tourer company car with free fuel and towing limit 1800kgs clutch not being up to job see other thread. Honda every time

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
There are indeed some good deals on new CRVs at the moment, though you may suffer on the trade-in price. We got our 09 CRV ES, metallic, OTR, full tank of fuel, for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts