How do you clean your awning?

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Just plenty of clean water and a soft brush.

Never, ever use any detergent or any other surfactant based cleaner - these cause treated fabric to loose it's water-proof nature and it will then "wick" water

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have a gutter at single storey height, you can hang up the awning by its rubbers, using shower curtain hooks. This makes it easier to wash, and very much easier to dry.

Ignoring any hosepipe ban, a good way to wash it is with a low pressure hose flowing through a car washing brush.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I just wash it with a sponge, that's kept for the purpose, and plain water.

To dry it I just run it into the awning rail and use the storm straps, attached to the car, to allow air circulation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We recently had to get part of our awning repaired at a local workshop and I asked this same question. They supplied me with a small bottle of Grangers "Tent Clean". It is a concentrated solution that is diluted with water to wash the whole awning or you can use it neat for small stuborn markes or stains. As the product was intended for use on awning and tent fabric I trust that there will be no ill effects.

We were working out that our awning has been in use for about 32 weeks over the last four years so it was abit grubby to say the least. The cleaner brought the fabric up as good as new, so we were well pleased with it.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We normally use a wet brush on the awning at the bottom, however recently we have noticed brown marks on the oinside roof of the awning. Seems it will require a lot of elbow grease and chemical to remove. Neither of us are smokers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts