How do you erect your Kampa 390

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't looked but I remember someone mentioning there was a u tube video of how to erect a Kampa awning, hopefully it's easy cos I've just bought the 260 but not used it yet.

BP

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Exactly what problem are you having?
Admitted I've only got the 260 but have found this awning the easiest of all the ones we've had to erect.
I'm away at the moment so can't check to see if I've still got the instructions but after the first time of putting it up I've found it easy, even in the high winds we had last week on arrival.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Beehpee said:
I haven't looked but I remember someone mentioning there was a u tube video of how to erect a Kampa awning, hopefully it's easy cos I've just bought the 260 but not used it yet. BP

I've just checked on YouTube before I made my post above but couldn't find anything.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
tcarpenter@blueyonder.co.uk said:
We have just tried putting the divorce in a bag up (kampa 390), could anyone advise which is the best way with two people. Thanks in advance.

I see you're going on the PC rally at Stowford. Seek Gagakev out and he'll show you how the awning is erected although he might refuse until bribed with a pint of scrumpy.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
tcarpenter@blueyonder.co.uk said:
We have just tried putting the divorce in a bag up (kampa 390), could anyone advise which is the best way with two people. Thanks in advance.

Have found the best way is on YOUR OWN no one to argue with
smiley-laughing.gif

No seriously usually insert the first pole then get the OH to hold it ,connect first guy rope and your away it really can be done on your own after that.
But as our friend LB has said I will be at Stowfolot from tomorrow (yippee)
I see you are on feild 3 up in the corner I will be on pitch 392 same feild near the amenities block just look me up and I will willingly give you a hand.
Even better if you know what day and approx time I will look out for you other wise Dusty Dog will be getting me drunk
smiley-smile.gif

Thank you for all your help, we threaded it through the rail then put poles in (should of put guide rope up, like suggested) then put the inner poles up, but we found that the poles kept falling over which was very frustrating. (by this time, darling hubby getting cross).

Thank you for the offer to help us but we are unable to take that awning, (need to take big one) as my mum is sleeping in there.

Thanks all again for your help.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I know this will sound silly but you also need to make sure you can get the van as level as possible from side to side although the legs are adjustable it will make life even easier .
Sir Roger.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi guy's,
excuse me for going slightly off topic, but as we could not get away last weekend spent some time wizzing round a few caravan shops for a couple of last minute buys before we go away, and saw a couple of kampa (and similar awnings) on show and I must say they look quite good and simple to erect. and quite fancy one however I can see a potential problem if we were to get one.
given the van is only a 380 and the smallest we have seen is a 260 or on one make a 250 one side of the awning would go right down the middlle of a window and the other problem if it is a problem is because of the slope near the front of the van part of the awning would be on the slope and therefore not level across the top no one seems to do a 220 which would fit perfect.
do you guys that have one see if the problems I have found are a major obsticle to having one, the dorema while still very good is a bit of a handful to erect on ones own and the porch while easy to erect is too small for general use.
any comments would be welcome.
colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts