how ja do!

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello everybody,

Used to go caravaning with mum and dad in th 70's and 80's!

Mum and dad are no longer with us, we had so many good times in the monza! Every year we used to go down to Newperran in Cornwall, fantastic! and caravan rallys with the Cheshire centre! Am now 34 and have my own child so if i can give my lad the holidays that mum and dad gave me and my brothers and sister then i have cracked it!

Picking up the van tomorrow! 17 hours time!!!!!

CARAVAN:- SWIFT BRIDGMERE GT

CAR :- VAUXHALL VECTRA 1.9 CDTI

NOW LETS HAVE A SUMMER, AND HAPPY CARAVANING TO EVERYONE!

PROBABLY BE NEXT TO YA ON THE A30 QUEUE INTO CORNWALL THIS SUMMER!

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi Martin. Glad to hear from someone else in our sort of age range we're 28. We also used to tow with a Vectra CDTI. Wish I still had it now with the cost of diesel and road tax.

Cheers, Dan.

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lambs

Welcombe to caravaning,wish I was just starting but I have had a caravan as long as you are old & I am only 59, have a great time vanning.

Mick K.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lambs

I used to go caravanning with my parents with whi had a Sprite Musketeer, then they bought a Cavalier, I also had fantastic times / memories. Spent the hottest Summer on record in 1976 in a caravan in Pentwyn Sands in Cornwall, I also celebrated the Silver Jubilee in 1977 on site at Hendra caravan park Newquay and having a party in the van. I watched Diana and Charles get married in 1979 on the owners of a parks small television in France which had a British commentrey.

We now have a Baileys Burgundy series 6, and have had some good holidays in the u.k. but weather last year was not that kind to us, so we have booked to go to france for 2 1/2 weeks.

Happy Caravaning and i hope you meet you crack your goals.

Ally and family

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We're in our 30's (only just though - both 40 next year) and lots of our friends of similar age have caravans too.

Like you, Claire was brought up with a touring caravan and has lots of fond memories of a little 12" sprite alpine followed by a Monza. The bunks were 2 metal poles with orange nylon between them, we only had cold water that you had to pump with a foot pedal and the toilet was basically a big bucket with a toilet seat on top!

The silver jubilee in 1977 was celebrated on a caravan club rally to the Isle of Wight for 2 weeks with no toilet/shower block - we must have smelt something rotten by the time we came home but had a fantastic time.

Rob's parents had a VW Devon Dart Campervan and he spent his summers touring Europe - posh ehh?!!

We've been tent campers in the past but have recently joined the ranks of caravanning and love it. We have 3 great boys (12 year old twins and a 4 year old) and we want to get them into the great outdoors and away from computer games and TV. Only been away twice so far (last time was in the snow at Easter!) and we love it.

We live in Sheffield so Cornwall is a fair trek for us, especially with the kids in the back (are we there yet?) but love the ideas of having an overnight stop to break the journey. Also lets you see parts of the country that you'd normally only pass through.

We got wind of traffic on the A30 on our way to Newquay last SBH and changed our route to go through Bodmin and Wadebridge. It's a bit further but we were lucky enough to avoid the traffic on that particular day.

Enjoy making memories in your new caravan.

Claire & Rob

Geist AK495 and Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 cdti

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
We're in our 30's (only just though - both 40 next year) and lots of our friends of similar age have caravans too.

Like you, Claire was brought up with a touring caravan and has lots of fond memories of a little 12" sprite alpine followed by a Monza. The bunks were 2 metal poles with orange nylon between them, we only had cold water that you had to pump with a foot pedal and the toilet was basically a big bucket with a toilet seat on top!

The silver jubilee in 1977 was celebrated on a caravan club rally to the Isle of Wight for 2 weeks with no toilet/shower block - we must have smelt something rotten by the time we came home but had a fantastic time.

Rob's parents had a VW Devon Dart Campervan and he spent his summers touring Europe - posh ehh?!!

We've been tent campers in the past but have recently joined the ranks of caravanning and love it. We have 3 great boys (12 year old twins and a 4 year old) and we want to get them into the great outdoors and away from computer games and TV. Only been away twice so far (last time was in the snow at Easter!) and we love it.

We live in Sheffield so Cornwall is a fair trek for us, especially with the kids in the back (are we there yet?) but love the ideas of having an overnight stop to break the journey. Also lets you see parts of the country that you'd normally only pass through.

We got wind of traffic on the A30 on our way to Newquay last SBH and changed our route to go through Bodmin and Wadebridge. It's a bit further but we were lucky enough to avoid the traffic on that particular day.

Enjoy making memories in your new caravan.

Claire & Rob

Geist AK495 and Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 cdti
Hi Rob and Claire

The two metal poles and the orange nylon in the monza, yeh thats a blast from the past! We also live a trek away from Cornwall, we live near Crewe in Cheshire and also used to stop half way near weston super mare!

Have a good summer my freind!

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rob and Claire

The two metal poles and the orange nylon in the monza, yeh thats a blast from the past! We also live a trek away from Cornwall, we live near Crewe in Cheshire and also used to stop half way near weston super mare!

Have a good summer my freind!

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Y'all, I started caravanning in 1955 (mum & Dad in '53) I remember to this day the Sprite Countryman (small coach) and later Eccles Cheltenham and Firholm 'Vans,

Mum & Dad were in the southern center and when the CC got big Dad Was Wilts Centre treasurer for 25 odd years They toured Europe form the North Cape of Norway down to the borders of Turkey and Syria. What a Life !!!! We got our old Sprit in '94 and take delivery of a new Swift on 22nd April. Cant wait to retire and tour! Wish I could have afforded to do it earlier when the kids were toddlers. Still.. our 6 foot fire fighter son and partner cant wait to come to the peaks with us in July!

Life isn't a rehearsal...enjoy it!!!!!!

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hello to the Lamb family.

We are the Heywoods and are in our 30's with two little 'uns.

I come from Chesterfield, Mrs H from Nottingham, but we live in North Lincs now.

Welcome aboard, you'll love this site - lots of friendly people and lots of offers of help should you need it.

We are new to caravanning but having just bought a van, we're hoping to be out and about very soon, just waiting for the littlest to start sleeping through.

We both had fond memories of caravans too, in the 70's and 80's.

Glad you're back in the club, we'll look out for you!

Cheers,

Gary & Amanda H.

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello everyone

just got back from our first trip out in our new van.

we went to the Plassey in Wrexham in north Wales, it was fantastic,especialy waking up to a text of my sister saying hows the caravan in the snow? got up in a flash to look outside, how wonderful the welsh rolling hill look covered in snow! hadn't been in a van for eighteen years, the memories came flooding back, had to try the toast out again!

this was the first time i had towed a caravan, it went fine!

mirrors were rubbish and are going back.

my girlfreind and little boy realy enjoyed it, so did the dog!

we only left the van for about an hour to look around.

when we got back we were all shattered because of the country fresh air! away again in three weeks as we have got family partys to go to at the weekends, gutted as i want to be away in my van. just joined the Caravan club and cheshire centre!

this has got to be the best move i have done bu y getting the van, i love it!

cheers martin

Hello everyone

just got back from our first trip out in our new van.

we went to the Plassey in Wrexham in north Wales, it was fantastic,especialy waking up to a text of my sister saying hows the caravan in the snow? got up in a flash to look outside, how wonderful the welsh rolling hill look covered in snow! hadn't been in a van for eighteen years, the memories came flooding back, had to try the toast out again!

this was the first time i had towed a caravan, it went fine!

mirrors were rubbish and are going back.

my girlfreind and little boy realy enjoyed it, so did the dog!

we only left the van for about an hour to look around.

when we got back we were all shattered because of the country fresh air! away again in three weeks as we have got family partys to go to at the weekends, gutted as i want to be away in my van. just joined the Caravan club and cheshire centre!

this has got to be the best move i have done bu y getting the van, i love it!

cheers martin
Hi Martin,

Pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us at The Plassey.........hope to see you again soon.

Next time I will try to organise some nice hot weather!

All the best, John Brookshaw www.plassey.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts