How long in time or distance is your tow per day?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Last year went to Germany. One leg from Chester to Folkestone, slept in the van attached to the car in a truckstop, next day early, Le Shuttle to Dover and all the way to Germany.
This coming May, we are off to Italy. Basically the same but one extra stop between Dover and lake Garda.
Found a lovely site, each pitch has it's own ablutions.
PS We do stop for coffee etc along they way, and no, I am no Net Zero Nut so no charge stops along the way 😄

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Slight change but vaguely relating to time and distance:
Does anyone know of a services / truck stop where one can sleep overnight in your van. I use one near Folkstone when catching the Le Shuttle early in the morning and it works just fine. Now I am looking for one halfway between Calais and Lake Garda this coming May 2025.

Anyone used one at all? Any suggestions? The one I use is Folkstone Services
1729262202183.png

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi Slight change but vaguely relating to time and distance:
Does anyone know of a services / truck stop where one can sleep overnight in your van. I use one near Folkstone when catching the Le Shuttle early in the morning and it works just fine. Now I am looking for one halfway between Calais and Lake Garda this coming May 2025.

Anyone used one at all? Any suggestions? The one I use is Folkstone Services
Hi Grey,
Ha! I was just looking at sites around Lake Garda for our trip next year. We plan to be there in April, would be interested to know which you've chosen?

My rough plan is to take the ferry to Santander, then quite leisurely across Spain and the South of France. Lots of places we'd like to see. From Lake Garda then thinking of turning north through Austria, Germany, Holland and back on the ferry over to Harwich. I doubt that I'll do any day longer than about 200 miles, we'll be away a few weeks.
When younger and more enthusiastic, I pulled our trailer tent from the UK Midlands all through France and on to Barcelona in a couple of days. I must admit, when thinking about the return journey, I contemplated just pushing it into the Mediterranean.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Grey,
Ha! I was just looking at sites around Lake Garda for our trip next year. We plan to be there in April, would be interested to know which you've chosen?

My rough plan is to take the ferry to Santander, then quite leisurely across Spain and the South of France. Lots of places we'd like to see. From Lake Garda then thinking of turning north through Austria, Germany, Holland and back on the ferry over to Harwich. I doubt that I'll do any day longer than about 200 miles, we'll be away a few weeks.
When younger and more enthusiastic, I pulled our trailer tent from the UK Midlands all through France and on to Barcelona in a couple of days. I must admit, when thinking about the return journey, I contemplated just pushing it into the Mediterranean.
Hi. I am going in May, avoid all school holidays if possible, :) Anyway We will go from Chester to Folkstone, Le Shuttle across then straight down to a camp called https://www.fornella.it/en/camping/pitch/full_serviced_super.html Been in contact with them and they have a great selection of different level pitches. Been oldish and retired I need it all, so the fully serviced super pitch each with it's own ablution is for me :)
Folkstone has a motorway services where we sleep in the van connected to the car and I have just found a great Motorway services in France just before entering Switzerland on the way across.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I am going in May, avoid all school holidays if possible, :) Anyway We will go from Chester to Folkstone, Le Shuttle across then straight down to a camp called https://www.fornella.it/en/camping/pitch/full_serviced_super.html Been in contact with them and they have a great selection of different level pitches. Been oldish and retired I need it all, so the fully serviced super pitch each with it's own ablution is for me :)
Folkstone has a motorway services where we sleep in the van connected to the car and I have just found a great Motorway services in France just before entering Switzerland on the way across.
PS You can only book on or after Nov 1st for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts