How many Awnings do you have?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
None.....and have never owned one!

After years holidaying in a frame tent as and when work permitted........we vowed never to have an awning when we moved up to the luxury world of caravans.

But there again every one has different needs especially if you have pets.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Two, the 390 Kampa and a dorema 3.0m Porch one, which is under the bed upstairs and hasnt seen daylight for two years. Like Mike should get rid of it.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have a Ventura Marlin porch awning and a Kampa Air Ace porch awning. We have recently acquired the Air Ace and it is easier and quicker for us to set up than the Ventura so have advertised the Ventura on preloved.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have one small porch awning nearly thirty years old and still going strong. But now there are only two of us we very rarely use it.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
5 awnings and 2 canopies :eek:hmy:

3 lightweight porch awnings, an Isabella Magnum and an Isabella full size awning. We also have a small Isabella sun canopy and a large Isabella canopy that we fit onto the full size awning when abroad.
We use the newest lightweight awning when away for weekends, the Magnum when away for a week or so and the full size awning for longer stays and when abroad :)

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I also have two! The full Trio awning is used in winter when it's up for four months. The other is a Kampa 260 which I use in the UK, but only if I'm staying longer than a week. Less than a week and I don't take one.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last year three. A massive full awning and two porch ones.
Sold the Big one.. Too much effort and pegs. Sold the smaller porch and now just use the Izzy Magnum who h is easy quick and still sufficient in size.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a full awning and two porch awnings.
Then I bought a KAMPA 260 air awning.

The very same week after the first outing with the air awning. The other three were on E-Bay.
Yes the traditional awnings in my opinion are better for setting up home from home type comforts, but for our needs the inflatable ease of set up and pack up is brilliant.

IBH

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I am glad that others have more than one awning, I thought I was being extravagant with four. I have a 19 year old Isabella, an NR porch awning, a Sunncamp lightweight porch and our new Outdoor Revolution Porch-lite Air awning that we are using for the 1st time next weekend. I should really sell the others, but I know they will just stay packed away in the cellar! I hadn't put the Isabella up for about 3 years and when we were away in Germany in June, it proved to be a pain (literally) in the neck to put up, so hence the change.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
When we had the Sterling Eccles Quartz last year, we purchased a new full size Isabella Ambassador Concept. It was pretty big at 1025 so only good for weeks and long weekends away and so we purchased a new Isabella Minor for the 2 and 3 night stays as it took 25 mins to erect!

Changed the van this year to a Cartagena S3 and the awning size is 1100 so had to changed the awning altogether. Sold that on the famous auction site and then bought a new Ambassador Seed. Took it away for the first time in June and it was huge! I hadn't even though that the extra length of the van would make it feel so much bigger! There's only two of us and two dogs! You could have a five a side football team in there so we decided to take it back and swap it for a Magum 250 Coal and sell the Minor! The Magum gives us enough room for 90% of our breaks and still allows room for people to gather in it. So now we just have the one awning!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have a single Bradcot porch awning. It is probably about thirty years old and still almost as good as new. We bought it second hand over 25 years ago but do not use it often now as the children have flown the nest and we no longer need the extra space.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
we have an Izzy Capri Lux with a Ventura annexe which is our main awning, and a Sunncamp 220 porch, which I may sell as we only use it once a year and due to the configuration of the van, it covers windows and also doesn't fit flush against the sides. The other alternative is to attach awning rail at the correct height at the rear of the van and use it as a bike store if the pitch is long enough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts