How much energy does a three way fridge consume?

smd

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, a 3-way fridge can be powered either by gas, battery or by mains hook-up? if this is correct then how do you know how much energy it's consuming? how would you go about measuring the energy consumption for each of the three ways?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, a 3-way fridge can be powered either by gas, battery or by mains hook-up? if this is correct then how do you know how much energy it's consuming? how would you go about measuring the energy consumption for each of the three ways?
The specification will give the maximum energy consumption for each of the 3 sources - on 12 volt, the fridge runs all the time it's connected so the rating will be the consumption - 230V and gas will be thermostat controlled so less than the rated maximum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many fridge manufacturers will provide a typical consumption over a given period in their specifications. Obviously it depends on a number of factors as to how close that will relate to your own usage.

Perhaps if you were to tell us what your particularly interested in, we might be able to offer some other options.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I came across this question on another forum. I did some real-life tests in my own van. The picture shows my
caravan meter first with only the battery being charged. The second reading has the Ultraheat switched to 1KW. The next when 2KW is switched on and finally, the fridge is switched to mains electric.

Four meters.jpg

The meter is a boon, especially when on a site with a limited electricity supply. Without a meter, the owner is not aware of when the water heater kicks in, or the fridge, or when the battery is charging.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Where has the fun gone , Turn the kettle- on , power goes off, run out in your shreddies, reset the cbs.. all good
L

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Is your battery meter an "add on" or built into the caravan from new.

I fitted it in an afternoon. They are available on Amazon or ebay.
Link:-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192411268739?hash=item2ccc9af683:g:jSEAAOSwWLBaRJ6P
Note. You need to be able to handle electricity to DIY. Danger otherwise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts