How old is the average vanner?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 29, 2005
Visit site
Well I am 32 and my wife is 29 next week. We tow a three and a half year old Elldis Firstorm, with a four year old Citroen C5, and have been caravaning for three and a half years. My parents had a Dandy trailer tent when we were children, and my wifes parents had a tent and static caravan.

Oct 29, 2005
Visit site
Well I am 32 and my wife is 29 next week. We tow a three and a half year old Elldis Firstorm, with a four year old Citroen C5, and have been caravaning for three and a half years. My parents had a Dandy trailer tent when we were children, and my wifes parents had a tent and static caravan.
sorry I spelt Firestorm wrong

Oct 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I'm 27 and bought my first van last week. So am looking forward to towing with my husband, son and puppy.

I think caravanning is going to become less common with the young generation as i know people who are taking their test now can not even tow a trailer. So unless this changes, most aren't going to want to take another test.

Nene

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I'm 27 and bought my first van last week. So am looking forward to towing with my husband, son and puppy.

I think caravanning is going to become less common with the young generation as i know people who are taking their test now can not even tow a trailer. So unless this changes, most aren't going to want to take another test.

Nene
Hope you enjoy it Nene, I think you will, most do.

Nov 8, 2005
Visit site
there are 5 in our van the eldest is 41

the youngest 6

average looks like this 6+6+12+35+41=100/5=20

and yes i was caravaning at 20 with a 20 year old partner

so in 21 years the average age in my van has stayed the same

however the van lay out has changed lots

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
im 33 my wife is 26 we find alot of our friends look at us funny when we say weve got a caravan but when they spend 1300 quid on a static caravan holiday for two weeks i get a bit smug,our caravan has payed for itself weve had 4 weekends and 2 weeks in summer total site fees 400quid van cost 1200quid cant beat it for value and so what if they smirk we are having the time of our life

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
I consider myself a beginner as I haven't been a caravanner since my family owned a Monza 1200 and an Eccles Elan some 25 years ago. Tell me (some of you older ones), is caravanning more popular now than then - it seems harder to find pitch availability without booking in advance, which for me defeats the object of freedom...

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
Myself 46, my wife about the same along with a 15 year old daughter. I started vaning with my parents around 1967. Just kept on going really. We bought our own fist van 1990 and we all still love it!!

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
We are british forces posted in Germany and we decided to buy a caravan to make the most of our time in Europe. my husband is 35 and i am 31 we have a daughter 6 (and a half). we live in a high rise flat mon-fri with no freedom .Then fri afternoon we pick her up after school and head off to a campsite. by 7 o' clock she has made a pile of German friends (who can speak English) it can be very embarressing and i am learning german at the moment. my husband leads such a regimented life at work, yet he is a total slob in the caravan. it is time out and we love it. we have seen south of france and most of italy. it is beautiful and we are so lucky. long may it continue!!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We are british forces posted in Germany and we decided to buy a caravan to make the most of our time in Europe. my husband is 35 and i am 31 we have a daughter 6 (and a half). we live in a high rise flat mon-fri with no freedom .Then fri afternoon we pick her up after school and head off to a campsite. by 7 o' clock she has made a pile of German friends (who can speak English) it can be very embarressing and i am learning german at the moment. my husband leads such a regimented life at work, yet he is a total slob in the caravan. it is time out and we love it. we have seen south of france and most of italy. it is beautiful and we are so lucky. long may it continue!!!
Make the most of it Dawn, only wish I could have afforded it when my kids were young.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
me and the missus were 21 when we got our 1st van and had our 6 month old daughter with us first time we went away.towed a 77 target 390 with an 82 Cortina Crusader.

those were the days !!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Drop by if you're ever in the Mainz/Wiesbaden/Frankfurt area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The average age must be around the 20's. There are a few older people in 'vans but they must be outnumbered by the children who enjoy the hobby.

SOME sites though have a much older average age of around 60.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I'm 98 still work an over full week and do way over 50000 miles a year and have a T/A Bailey Senator 5000 that I manouvre with the car, none of that fancy motorised mover stuff!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts