How old is the average vanner?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
cris - I don't know whether you're male or female - if you're female you're pretty unique - reading your other posts - you had children twenty five years ago - that made you 73!!! LOL
... well if cris is male I hope I'm like him .. firing on both cylinders at 73

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
.... and cris's parents friends still go there every year ... must be long livers like the tortoises from there lolol
Well M'Lud when I was a youngster starting my work life and taking mortgage loans and having the expense a young family brings I worked all the hours god sent to make ends meet. And my wise old Dad said," don't worry son" it gets easier over the years.

Boy was he wrong on that one! Suffered high inflation and huge mortgage interest ratess etc with few problems. But since UK PLC turned from a "Kindom" to the wonderous Blairdom I have doubled in age ;-)

I work longer hours for less money and struggle more, I feel 98 and they say you are as old as you feel :)

G

started with trailer tent for 9 yrs have only been in caravan for the last 2 years since I took early retirement and I am still (yung)at 53

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to all who've responded. Interesting that the average age is a lot lower than the media would have non-vanners believe eh? Most seem to have caught the vanning bug as kids with their parents, or as young adults when their own children arrive. Great to see so many young people taking up the hobby.

G

Mike,

Agree with your conclusion, but where are they all? All I ever see on sites are people in the second half of their century like me. Do the young 'uns only come out in the summer holidays? Is that good, or bad??

Apr 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi mike we have been caravaning for 2 years now i am a tender 35

and my wife is 36. We started as many by camping .In two years

we have gone from a 1990 elddis wisp to the new 2006 abbey gts

vogue we took delivery of 4 weeks ago.Being a self employed

builder i come home friday night then of in the van for the

weekend.We just wish we started earlier.

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
WE inhereted a van about six months ago (Coachman Amara) so got a Suzuki Grand Vitara to tow it with. I'm 27 and the wife is 28. We go whenever we can and think its great!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
A combined age of 106 at an average of 35 shame the dogs only 8.

Been caravaning for a whole year now, before that 20+ years camping and before that many years caravaning with parents.

Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have been caravanning 2 year s now I'm 38 and my wife is 33 we have to kids under 5 so this is why we choose not to fly anywhere. The only thing is, we bring the kiss of death to the weather. We haven't had a dry holiday yet (even in the Dordogne). Make sure you aren't in Devon in August if you want the sunshine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm 38 and my partner is 43. I have an Avondale Osprey bought new last year and tow with a VW Touareg. Started caravanning about three years ago and quite enjoy it. But I still like seeing Europe from the seat on my motorbike and the rest of the world by air!

Toodle pip!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Have been caravanning 2 year s now I'm 38 and my wife is 33 we have to kids under 5 so this is why we choose not to fly anywhere. The only thing is, we bring the kiss of death to the weather. We haven't had a dry holiday yet (even in the Dordogne). Make sure you aren't in Devon in August if you want the sunshine
Things can only get better Gareth and just think on the bright side, you could be in a tent ;O)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We spent a fortune when the kids were young entertaining them in wet Cornwall and Devon and throwing money at parking meters cost a mint.

Our first trip to three sunny weeks on French coast was fantastic. No parking fees, cheaper camp sites and fuel, better sites with fantastic pools. "why had we struggled" for so long we kept saying as the kids played on the beach or around the pool or site. Nearly everyone I know has either been nearly cooked or washed out in the Dordogne.

We had a tight budget in those days, but soon found P&O cheaper night time ferry crossings from France. Travelling whilst the kids slept and we never had trouble stopping the night on large motorway services on route to save stop over costs.

With a stock of French Hyper Market bargains filling any spare space on our return we never returned for main holiday to Devon or Cornwall with the kids for 12 years. 12 years of good weather apart from about 5 days and I had 3 to 4 week holiday in the summer in those times. My youngest was six or seven when we first went vanning in France and we still look at little kiddies enjoying warm sunny holidays and question why we struggled for years as Devon and Cornwall was the place to avoid when we had young kids on holiday there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm 42 and been doing it four years! But mummy and daddy did it from my birth onwards. If you've seen the photo's in the Incleboro fields reception, Iwas there!

C

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
Both my wife and I are 54 and have been caravanning for about 10 years.

Our average age has just been brought down by the addition of and alsation puppy now 8 months old. He's not so sure about the van yet but we leave today for 6 weeks so i'm sure he be acclimatised by the time we get back.

Happy Caravaning

Steve & Lenna

Jan 16, 2006
Visit site
Both my wife and I are 54 and have been caravanning for about 10 years.

Our average age has just been brought down by the addition of and alsation puppy now 8 months old. He's not so sure about the van yet but we leave today for 6 weeks so i'm sure he be acclimatised by the time we get back.

Happy Caravaning

Steve & Lenna
How old am i,I can remember the first time vanning abroad,there was a fella called Moses,he was building this Ark,etc etc.appy Dayz.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
As usual, a polite, intelligent reply (not) from you Kanga ;)!

BTW, nice to see you've recovered from your little bout of schizophrenia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts