How soon before fuel prices start to climb

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Already started.My local asda has gone up 4p in as many weeks.I paid 1.44.9 for diesel yesterday.For the last couple of years,I've got the feeling that fuel retailers are in cahoots with Osbourne.Just before the last couple of budgets,the fuel has gone up a few pence per litre.Osbourne will now say the fuel will not increase in the budget but of course he is already getting the increase anyway but tries to make out he's doing everyone a favour.

There is a FAIRFUEL mass lobby to MP's at Westminster on 7th March to try and force a duty cut.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I also think that fuel outlets are keeping prices up as demand has reduced so they are trying to maintain profit levels. What i cannot fathom is the why the laws of chemistry are different in UK compared to the rest of Europe. One motoring supplement stated that diesel was mor expensive than petrol as you don't get as much diesel from each barrel of oil as you do petrol. To increase the amount of deisel needs a more expensive refining process. Fine, but that being the case it still does not answer the question as to why UK diesel is so much more expensive than UK petrol when that is not the case in Europe. I actually think it is the retail trade keeping profits up as more diesel and fuel efficient cars come on the roads.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Feeling pig sick today as I was going to fill up on Friday but the garage was busy when I passed. Went today and it was up from £1.38 - £1.40.

Being a Scotsman that £1.60 hurts

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Cheapest deisel in Hereford is £143.9
smiley-yell.gif

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
It's £142.9 here in Rugby, last weekend we were in Newport Wales and paid £139.9 If it keeps going up in Rugby it might work out cheaper to go to Newport just to fill up.

Les

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I give up.
The To$$er$ who fix the price, Cameron and all his cronies know full well we'll carry on paying.
No one in this country is prepared to stand up and be counted.
If we all stopped buying fuel, me included , things may change.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The last time i looked at deisel it was £1.40 at Newcastle which is really expensive!! i cant beleive we are paying this amount for fuel. I remember when we all started complaining when the price of fuel went to a £1!! now look where we are?? Why hasnt people started complaining more, where is the blockaids and people on the news saying how bad it is??

Its not just fuel which has gone up, its getting more expensive to do your weeks shopping! why is everything going up but our wages are staying the same.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Dustydog said:
No one in this country is prepared to stand up and be counted.
If we all stopped buying fuel, me included , things may change.

Sadly "they" all know that"ll never happen, a few tried in Sept 2000 and look what happened, new legislation to ban picketing at fuel depots. It must've given them a scare though eh?

I paid £1.29.9 for Diesel at my local Tesco's in South Devon thanks to their 10p off scheme so can't argue too much.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
carper said:
It's £142.9 here in Rugby, last weekend we were in Newport Wales and paid £139.9 If it keeps going up in Rugby it might work out cheaper to go to Newport just to fill up.
Les

Bloody hell at that price it must take more than a month's wages to fill up the car. Do you rob an bank every month? LOL!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
More of this will start to happen again, when they just take the fuel & the catalytic converter.
Having two easy to roll underneath tugs, we only put in about £30.00 per time, unless we are going somewhere.....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So what do you folks do about it?
Use the car less often and walk?
Go to site's nearer home?
Even cancel a trip away?
Repair something instead of replacing it?
Cut back on other things?

I know differant people have differant income's i;e there are those of us who work and those that are trying to get by on small pensions so every penny counts, I still work and havent had a raise in wages for over 6 years but I wont let the buggers beat me
My limited nights away are very valuble to me and my family.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Apparently there is a deal on at 'Morrisons' supermarket at the moment. Spend >£60 in store in one transaction and get 15p/litre discount at the pumps....

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Jeff D said:
Apparently there is a deal on at 'Morrisons' supermarket at the moment. Spend >£60 in store in one transaction and get 15p/litre discount at the pumps....

Jeff,
You right morrisons supermarket start a petrol war
Am not a lover of morrisons, but i can see it getting a lot of sudden trade..
smiley-wink.gif

A lot of people will benefit. But it's not so good if you're single or on a low income.
And how often does a pensioner spend over £60 in one shop
smiley-surprised.gif

SNN2306GXA-250_1458198a.jpg

Morrisons' offer runs until March 4 — but the 15p-off vouchers can be redeemed until March 11.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts