How to repair damaged table top

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what your table is made of, but we damaged a work top some years ago, (A bottle fell out of cupboard on it) Lucky the full bottle of Brandy did not break!!.
Tool the top of and repaired from underneath with poly styrene filler. The top we filled with a plastic filler , used for laminate flooring, which gives you a good chance of matching colour, well ours did being a shade of beige . I now keep a non slip cover on it

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Cut a hole in the underside of the table which let me push the indented part of the top back into place, cut a piece of cork to the right size to hold everything in place then drizzled superglue into the join on the top.
Glued the piece I had cut from the bottom back into place (on the cork) and all has been good for the last 4 years.

May 1, 2015
Visit site
The edge of my table was damaged where a previous owner had swung the captains seat around and caught it.
I tried to fix it with fibre glass gel coat (it was/is white) which did a pretty good job, but eventually came off.
When I priced up a new table top I was amazed, well, shocked to be honest.
I went to a company called Rainbow Conversions of Wisbech and they made me a top to fit, with a fitted platic edge, at a fraction of the cost. They make any size/shape to order at a reasonable cost.

TRENDING THREADS