How would they know ??

May 25, 2008
Visit site
The Insurance Company that is, if your van was stolen and you hadn't got say the Alko wheel clamps on. Or the battery was down for the alarm. If someone stole your van and it wasn't recovered you could have been claiming a reduction for every device under the sun !!!!!!!

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Would it be worth taking the risk?

Caravan gone, insurance won't pay out - arggg.

One may get an unplanned 18 month vacation all paid for by the taxpayer for fraud.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
One may get an unplanned 18 month vacation all paid for by the taxpayer for fraud

Would Plod not be out looking for the Thieves ???

ps I wasn't thinking of doing it. I just wondered how they would know if you had one or both Alko Locks on a TA van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A friends old model Micra recently burnt out. She had owned the car for only a few months, but the insurance company has refused to pay out because she has no service history to prove that all the electric components were servicable.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gumbo

I'm no expert here but have been lead to believe removal of the Al-Ko locks from the TA wheels by a thief would probably cause extensive damage to the wheels themselves as well as the backplate etc. I guess all those bits may still be lying around.

Al-Ko say the locks can't be picked or drilled? Give it time.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 25, 2008
Visit site
I asked the question because it seems the Insurance companies are asking for more and more security. I wonder how long it will be before they refuse Insurance if you don't have the Van bolted to the ground on all four corners using chains etc .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Please don't tempt fate! LOL

A few months ago someone posted a youtube address that showed real heavy duty security bike chains being cut with bolt croppers.

With car theft there are two types of thieves

The joy rider

The professional thief who replates your car and sells it on.

Is there a different type of thief for caravans I wonder?

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts