Hyundai santa fe Help needed please

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Hazzar

Kerb weight is rarely exact, so its only really a guide, but it does depend on exactly what year and model is involved.

However a data base I use suggests that most Santa fe models have kerb weight in the region of 1995Kg

What do you need the Kerbweight for?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
What year, engine, transmission and seat configuration is it?
The 2010-on models are 1920kg upwards. My 2011 2.2CRDi automatic 7-seat is 2017kg kerbweight.

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply i am looking to see what caravan i can match it with it is a 2004 53 plate leather seats manual 20 td gsi model it doesnt tell me in the hand book .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The data base I use does not list a 2.0 td gsi

there are
2.0td Kw 1719Kg
2.4GSi kw 1730Kg

As I said before it not an exact science, and the lack of an exact match on databases means you cannot easily get at the manufacturers figure. Solution is to strip teh car down to its MIRO condition and take it to a weighbridge and get it weighed.

But from a practical point of view, unless you only have a Cat B licence, where the trailers MTPLM MUST NOT exceed the cars Miro, the small variances you have seen in our figures are a major problem. a few Kg or pecent here or there (except where there arelegal limits) are not going to make much difference.

Good towing is most affeceted by the driving style, farmore than weight ratios

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Prof John L said:
The data base I use does not list a 2.0 td gsi

there are
2.0td Kw 1719Kg
2.4GSi kw 1730Kg
It may be best to use a better database - try http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/car-specifications/ they list 12 different versions of the 2001-2006 Santa Fe.
It gives the kerbweight of the 2.0CRDi GSi as 1718kg

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help folks i like to keep to the 85% rule even though i have been towing for over 10 years and i have the experience to tow much heavier i like to have plenty of weight and power for piece of mind thanks again.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2005 2.0 diesel CDX Crdt Santa Fe and I've had mine in the weigh bridge at work and with my usual junk in the boot that I carry my car weighed in at 1910kgs without me in it and around half a tank of Diesel. One thing I would say is I recommend you invest in the much debated Tuning modules, I do tow a large van with mine (1600kg twin Axle) and found it quite flat, especially when climbing hills, it also had quite a taste for Diesel too seeing as low as 18mpg when towing into a head wind, since fitting a tuning module it tows alot better now with far more useable torque, and I always get between 25mpg to 29 now when towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Hazzar,

85% is not a rule, it has no legal significance, it is only a recommendation.

As for tuning modules, the pros and cons have been much debated in other threads, But please remember that you must advise your insurance company if you fit one.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Prof John L said:
85% is not a rule, it has no legal significance, it is only a recommendation.
It's a recommendation by the UK caravan industry through their trade body, the NCC, in their published code of practice entitled The Towing Code.
The OP Hazzar is clearly aware that it's not a legal limit and he has the experience to go higher if he wishes.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Hazzar, the tuning module I have is one of these:-

http://www.tuningbox.com/en/home.htm

I didn't pay that for it though, I was lucky enough to find one 2nd hand of Ebay, I think I paid around £60 for mine, I'm sure the ones on ebay can be just as effective. I did a comparrison a couple of months ago, I took my module off and had my car remapped, and was bitterly disappointed with how it felt, and it started using more fuel, so I had a refund and put my Tuning module back on,
The best thing to do is make up your own mind, if you flick through this and other forums you'll find many debates about how good these modules are,some of them get quite heated, people who think they know what they are talking about will say plenty, many haven't driven a car with a module fitted, yes there are risks, if your car has a weak injector these modules will find it and cause a problem, but my view is the pro's far out weigh the cons, many module companies offer a 30day money back guarantee so you can see for yourself, I wouldn't drive my Santa fe without one.
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts