Hyundai santa fe problem

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I have a hyundai santa fe crtd cdx 2ltr 55 plate. It cut out whilst towing the caravan on motorway( like a thud noise when you stall the car). It spent almost 2 weks at the main dealer who took out & cleaned the injectors & said they couldn't find the fault £228.00. I went on holiday with caravan without any problem went away on a couple of other weekends with the van ok. Went last weekend same thing pulling away from traffic lights but luckily only cut out a mile from home & managed to get home. The car went about 3000 miles in between breakdowns.Has anyone else had this problem as i'm just back from another garage,they told me it's a very difficult thing to find but possibly the crankshaft sensor could be faulty.I have an alko trailer control system fitted to van I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. I don't want to keep paying for might be repairs.
Thanks

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your problems Tom,sounds like we are in the same boat.
I have a CRV and have been experiencing "hesitation and stuttering" when accelerating gently.
Had the injectors overhauled and checked at Honda.......still the same.
Replaced the EGR valve but still the same.
Returned car to Honda and have been told that until a warning light illuminates on the dash.......nothing they can do
smiley-surprised.gif

So basically.....after spending almost £900,have a car that does not drive as it should and am waiting for something to happen.
Adrian

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Tom, I'm following this thread with interest as I have almost the same car (mine is an 05) I was just wondering if the garage found anything?

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tom
I had a simular fault on my Kia Sorento during the last snow's, had to be recovered back to garage. Car just died with no warning lights or fault codes.
Garage found a red frog spawn in the fuel filter/pump and fuel tank. This apprently so I was told, is called diesel fungus... caused by Bio Fuel mixes. A lot of fuel companies so I was told, now mix a percentage of bio fuel to fosil fuel.
Guess you could ask the garage to check you fuel filter and tank.
Hope this gives you another idea at possible cause.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts