Hyundai Tucson V SRI Vectra, Impressions.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hi,

just back from a good weekend away with the fam, this was our first chance to compare the diferrence between my vectra sri which i traded in for the hyundai. i have another post in here re that transition, me and wifey were wondering if we had done the right thing as we absolutely loved the vectra.

well, after towing to the same site we last visited and had the vectra, all i can say is, all of you who gave me the thumbs up and said it was a good move were absolutely right.

we went the same road as last time and it includes plenty of narrow tight twisty country roads which take ye through the galloway hills, lots of climbs and inclines with sharp corners to endure.

i felt so much more confident with the new tow car, where the vectra would struggle to maintain 3rd gear it sailed up in 4th.

same when negotiating all the tight bends, broad spread of power to hold a higher gear in comparision to the vectra.

i know there are plenty of towcars out there which are better than my choice, but i can assure you, it has given me some added peace of mind when towing the caravan.

knowing the power and torque is there does make a diferrence and helps to make the journey that wee bit easier.

best part of the weekend for me was when mrs mac said to me while travelling in the tucson " hey, i have forgot all about the vectra now, this is brill". that meant so much to me as she was dubious to going ahead with the trade in and absolutely loved the vectra. to hear those words gave me a lift and a wee wry smile.

cheers to all who gave support :)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Well as long as you had a good time & felt more confident in the car & it's capability's.

Wont be long before Mrs Mac fancies a tug with it :eek:)

Only so you can rest yourself......

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
i'm trying really hard to get her to have a go atthe tugging, think she just needs to know she doesn't need to use both hands all the time and grip on like mad. it comes easy to you in the end.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
At the NEC show there was quite a few new Landrover Discovery 4's with vans on the back for people to have a try & see what they thought about tuggin, anyway my wife did the CC two day course a few years ago, but has never towed on the road, ... so we both had a go in the new disco's at the show, just so she could get the feel of it with a van on the back....bit of driving & reversing ... i was pleased with how she got on....so go on get Mrs Mac booked on a course....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad you liked your Tucson. We love ours to bits and it pulls our van really well 1580kg fully laden (not that we ever load it to the max!)

Hope you continue to enjoy it and Mrs Mac enjoys it too - I tow ours now and am quite comfortable with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts