Hyundai Tucson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone tow with a 2 wheel drive 2.0 ltr Tucson? Would like to know if it's a suitable tug for a 1300kg caravan. I've heard the fuel consumption is on the high side so have decided to compensate by going for an x2 over an x4. Any opinions?

May 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike, I tow with a Tucson 4 wheel drive. The Fuel consumption is around 35mpg with or without the Caravan on the back. It will happily sit at 60mph all day with the caravan and you don't even know it's there!

The poor fuel consumption on the 4 wheel drive is a myth. The on board fuel computer is calibrated in U.S gallons and not U.K gallons so it gives misleadingly high fuel consumption figures. I have been more than happy with my 4 wheel drive which returns around 350 miles to a tank of fuel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I test drove the diesel version with a view to buy a new one ....... what a load of crap they are, cheap nasty interior, steering devoid of feel, ride like a rollercoater - bouncy and rough and to top it all a diesel engine that wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! Try a vw diesel first and then you will know what I mean

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Both to be taken with a modicum of salt.

Most fuel complaints I found came from the USA, and as for a caravan not making a difference to fuel consumption! As for the diesel, I've read 10 different reports praising it and one against. The petrol has enough power for my needs.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
I have had a 2.0 CRTD since new (4000 miles) and in common with MANY people I find the fuel consumption far to high. Average 27mpg and that is worked out not by using the onboard fuel computer but by measuring the actual ammount of fuel used over a given distance (and has been confirmed by my dealer).

Hyundai UK have actually agreed that there is problem with the fuel consumption.

There is a lot of stuff on another forum but I am not sure if I can post the link here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts