hyundi santa fe

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
is any one out there towing with a santafe 2.0 ltre diesel i'm thinking about it but the permanent 4 wd seems to make it a bit thirsty. also does anyone know about resale values thanks ..Mick.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I drive a Santa Fe 2.0diesel 04 auto,had it about a year now. Goes very well,pulls the same with or without caravan(1225kgs)on back,I get about 25mpg towing but then you dont have a 4x4 for economy do you.A very comfortable ride in front or back and lots of kitwe have toured UK and France and really enjoy it. Good Luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michael, Have had a 2.0 CRTD for nearly 12 months now. Solo it does 35mpg, towing a 1500kg Eccles 21-ish. Can't fault it so far, no problems at all - it's just coming up to it's first service.

Neal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great towcar - pulling 1350kg - and get about 23 ish towing. Very comfortable ride, good spec, good warranty, good service intervals.

Get one - you will enjoy!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought a year old 2.4 petrol version about 15 months ago. First towcar and caravan. Probably should have opted for diesel but still great fun. Tows 1300kg no problem once on the move! With regards to Chris's comments about the clutch, mine "went" after the very first tow in March last year, but Hyundai advised me that it was an inherent fault they were having with a number of cars and replaced it free of charge! They were considering recall but decided to just replace as and when owners brought them in. Can't fault the dealersip service at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2.0 diesel manual, purchased in December 04, not used it for towing yet but come April it will be towing 1280Kg. I get about 35mpg solo. It's very comfortable & roomy, with lots of kit & goes well on the moterway with plenty of torque to spare for fast lane overtaking. It can feel a bit ponderous when driving in the city centre though, particularly when starting off in 1st gear, but once up into second gear it 'picks up' quickly. This is not a problem, you just won't be the first away from the lights! Overall I've been pleased with the Santy & would recommend. Resale values don't appear too bad, I've seen an 02 plate for 12k.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just purchased this week's Auto Express (09/02/05) which includes a comparison road test of the Hyundai Tuscon 2.CRTD,Hyundai Sante Fe CRTD, Kia Sportage 2.0 and Kis Sorento CRDI. After reading the article it would appear that the testers were not impressed by these vehicles at all. They all, in my opinion, appear to have a very poor write-up. I will agree however that this magazine only appears to have good reports about BMWs and Fords. Could the report be correct and all you fans are wrong or am I right in assuming that the above vehicles are good all rounders and the magazine testers are being finiky. Your comments would be very much appreciated as until today prior to reading the article was considering buying one for towing a Bailey 500/5 caravan. PS. I cannot see any reference regarding caravan towing in the article.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I found that reviews in the motoring press did not do these cars justice, many were highly prejudiced. I made my own decision based on a through test drive (about an hour) on the motorway, A roads, B roads and in traffic, and so far, have not regretted my decision. One of the reviews I read called the Santy 'shoddy' and went onto say that the tester managed to 'lift a wheel' during a moterway lane change - now that's just silly!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts