I can't look that old

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, "Surely I can't look that old."

Well... You'll love this one....

My name is Alice Smith and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS Diploma, which

bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago.

Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old

to have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm A Mustang," He gleamed with pride.

" When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1959. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!", I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then, that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled, fat, gray, decrepit Son-of-a-***** asked, "What did you teach?"

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alice

I actually have the same on going experience. Over the last few years I have been lucky enough to be doing some work for our local LEA home tuition service, This is based in what was my old senior school (late 60's early 70's)I am now 52.You could have knocked me down with a feather when I first started there to find that an old teacher of mine (David R) was also working there.All I can say is the years have been very kind to him, 35 years on and he still has the boyish good looks that used to make the girls in my class swoon (lucky git)and I believe he still has the charm to do it now.I believe he was at the start of his career when he came to our school (Saltwells,Dudley)so he probably isn't that many years older than myself but I've now taken down all the mirrors at home.

Best wishes PeterW

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I have had a beard since the age of 16 as I used to have to shave twice a day.

When I was 18 I used to work in a Pub. One day one of the regulars asked how old I was.

"How old do you think I am?" I asked.

He said "27".

I said "You are 9 years out!"

He thought for a moment and said "You look young for 36, must be the beard that does that . . "

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts