I found a gem

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4875
Hope this link works.

Tywyn.Wales.

My first trip without ehu no problem loved it.

Site very tight on entrance and exit,challenging to say the least.

Facilities basic but owners always there cleaning and they are more than adequate.

Camp fires encouraged although owners wood very expensive so bring your own or use house coal like we do.

Enjoy the view.

c

Check out the postcode on google maps

LL36 9ND

And check out the entrance road from the A493 through the farmhouse and under the bridge turn right over rickety bridge.

This is also steep hills and roads like forest tracks.Good fun.

Highly recommended.

Sean

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi blu, we were there last October. The owners are very friendly people and will tow you out to the road. If arriving from the south it's best to pass the entrance on your left and go up to a layby further up the road and turn there. I didn't know that when I arrived and yes, it's exceptionally tight AND steep. The back end of my van was pointing at the clouds :O(

In the book we got the site out of it said it had EHU but no, apparently in the next print of the book, Campsites with Sea Views, it is being corrected. It didn't make any difference though, the farmer got an extension lead and even went into Tywyn to buy a connector. A pity about the rocky foreshore though.

Double click the pic to enlarge ...

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it a Caravan Club site? I can't find it on the CC website. Also, on UKCS, there's no phone number.

Help please.

Many thanks.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The phone number is on here Lisa .....

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=4875
as you will see, most are tenters. If you do go do as I said, as you pass the entrance on the left carry on up the road to the layby. If you keep hard to the left you can then swing round. Even doing this care is still needed because the entrance to the farm is on a bend.

The owner/farmer is very laid back and helpful (talks like a scouser)so if you ask him if he could run electric to your van he might save you the spot we had in the pic.

Dogs are allowed and being a farmer he has about three himself although two were kept in a pen.

When leaving he will take you out onto the road and back up to the layby.

Here is a closer view, you can see the boulders. BTW there no allocated pitch numbers.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not being funny or anything, but can the mods now delete this thread please as when I phoned the site this afternoon, they had ...... or er, best not say.

Can this thread be deleted until I'VE booked a pitch.

Smiley icon thingy.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LB, your photo brought memories flloding back. In the early 60's I was an Army Apprentice and there was an Outward Bound school at Towyn. Every morning we had to get up at 6am and run a mile to the sea in plimpsols, shorts and vest, go right in and then run back in the wet clothes. A shock to even a robust system in the Autumn but it made men of us!!! Ray

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks

Glad you like the look of it,try it out.

We cant wait to go back but we leave for our two week tour of the south coast tommorow so it will have to wait.

Enjoy if you go,i may see you there someday.

Sean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts