I have a blocked flush system on an old thetford cassette C2 manual flush.Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem and how to fix it

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have a Dometic toilet. The flush recently broke so I needed to get into the tank to fix it. I removed the control panel and can see the top of the tank, but just not enough room to do any maintenance. The loo had to come out. I could not find anything useful on line. The base has 6 screws accessible from the outside. The rear of the toilet is hooked onto a bracket, but the fill pipe will not allow it to be lifted off. eventually I found that by removing the ducting at the base I could twist it off.

After that it could be fully serviced and cleaned.

A Thetford would be similar but may have YouTube help

John

PS, ignore the above, wrong advice for a C2 😡

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....remove the toilet roll holder casing to gain access to the flush tank,flush pump and pipework.
It is a push fit and just pulls out ....may need a bit of jiggling!

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I have had the same problem. In order to avoid having to dismantle anything I used a pipe cleaner, attached it to the end of a flexible braided cable slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the pipework and about 3ft long and pushed that through the flushing system.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 29, 2022
Visit site
.....remove the toilet roll holder casing to gain access to the flush tank,flush pump and pipework.
It is a push fit and just pulls out ....may need a bit of jiggling!
HI Gafferbill,
my one is a manual flush so where the toilet roll holder would be on an electric it is a twist flush. I've had that out but got down to the clear squishy thing that I assume does the flushing. not sure where to go from here. Worried about forcing anything.

May 29, 2022
Visit site
I have had the same problem. In order to avoid having to dismantle anything I used a pipe cleaner, attached it to the end of a flexible braided cable slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the pipework and about 3ft long and pushed that through the flushing system.
HI Lutz,
This sounds interesting...which way did you go in? From bowl?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts