I hope this is an April 1st joke

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
This is an extract from page 1of the Business section of The Daily Telegraph dated April 1st.

The Coalition will this week begin recruiting thousands of workers for the organisation, which is to be headed by a dedicated Lights Tsar. Employees will be tasked with going door-to-door to businesses and homes to manually switch off unneccessary lights. Staff at the agency will be able issue penalty notices to repeat offenders and will be armed with binoculars and other equipment to allow them to ascertain whether rooms are empty or in use. The new task force will have an annual budget of £25 million. ........... etc.

I think I will dig out our black out cutains from 1939 !

May 7, 2012
Visit site
James H said:
This is an extract from page 1of the Business section of The Daily Telegraph dated April 1st.

The Coalition will this week begin recruiting thousands of workers for the organisation, which is to be headed by a dedicated Lights Tsar. Employees will be tasked with going door-to-door to businesses and homes to manually switch off unneccessary lights. Staff at the agency will be able issue penalty notices to repeat offenders and will be armed with binoculars and other equipment to allow them to ascertain whether rooms are empty or in use. The new task force will have an annual budget of £25 million. ........... etc.

I think I will dig out our black out cutains from 1939 !

They might help with our daughter. The only time she switches a light off is when she goes to bed. Only problem I see is she would ask to borrow the money to pay the fines and in her book borrow translates as give.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts