I`ve done it again

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I was going away this weekend but due to weather anyththing outside was a no from us so i got withdrawl symptoms of not being in my van so i went to a couple of dealers and brought a new luner lexon 530 as you do.£2.700 of list price swung it though my van is only two and a half but couldn`t wait for a fixed double.Has anyone got this model as i was very impressed with it i shall ring dealer tommorow to confirm deal.many thanks

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have done the same thing 3 times, went into a dealer just to have a look and left with a new van !! If you confirm deal enjoy .

Dougie....

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
kopite said:
must be a man thing

Ask my wife
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
My first Coachman was as a result of needing new towing mirrors!! My next will be as a result of desire (according to factory last week) NOT taking cheque book to lawns on the Saturday, but may do on the Sunday!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Don't know what that says about me!! Went to NEC three years ago to Feb show just to look for few accessories came away with new van went back to stand three times (mainly due to being egged on by my brother saying bet you can't get better deal than that) but negotiated v good deal (hubby left it too me!!) my motto don't ask don't get, so everytime we go to show now have to hand all things plastic to hubby!!!

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi
Done the same took our Pageant Burgundy for a service, noticed the gas warning sticker was iffy and went back to the shop the next day for a new one and bought a Pegasus 524.
Don't worry, we've really enjoyed the Peg but we'll probably do it again sometime.
As Dusty's said you only live once and the way the worlds going financially you might as well enjoy youself now.
All the best and enjo.
Sedo

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the simple answer to this problem is to buy the best in the first place, and you'll not want to change again.
I've had my Royale for thirteen years, its now 33 years old, and I've no plans to change.
But, as I've said so many times on here, to each, his own. Just enjoy what you've got.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
We picked up our new van last saturday and would like to praise Oxford caravans the hand over was very good not rushed and they we`re very helpful it was a pleasure.We love vanning and the Lexon is a stunning van in my opinion from a very happy customer.

Well done Oxford caravans and Lunar

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oxford caravans are part of The Swindon caravan Group, just down the road from me, decent people.
Now I suppose you'll a new awning, with an annexe and lightweight crockery etc to go with Tammy's SW
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Now DD you are a man of the world and should no that a new van means a completely new dinner set,bedding,mugs,etc but the woosie mugs have moved to the front of the cupboard where they belong.As for the weight thats gone out the window sorry round my middle since i,ve been of ciggies

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We pick up our new Lunar today. Can't wait!!

We will be keeping "dinner set,bedding,mugs,etc " but the new awning has arrived at the local dealer, so will be picking that up this afternoon. OH wouldn't let me use old awning (which was even second hand when we had it) on the new van.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi sir WC
how`s the new van i hope all went well i had a look at your model on there web site and looks very nice i might have missed your post but when`s your first trip away?
As i posted before you were doing tours at poston mill for a small charge to help with cost but since i have brought a new van as well maybe we could do a joint veiwing to help me pay for mine

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
As mine should be re-stored to its former glory and nice and dry you can veiw it free of chrage
4.gif

Wayne why havent you been away yet?? I would just have to try it out even if it was only one night 1 mile down the road

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi kev
I would love to have a single night in new van we have a great site only 7 miles from work but with a hectic few weeekends and kids at school just not possible mind you we did take a walk down to it in storage which is only a 5 min walk from home and had a cuppa does that count.Away for proper in 11 days hip hip hooray

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sir Kopite
Thank you for the kind words. We are hoping to fit in a couple of trips between now and Poston Mill, but have not decided where yet.
Very pleased with the van and have it on the drive at the moment for our cup of tea - no need to drive to storage until Sunday. We are loading it with all the junk again and checking everything works. It rained half an hour after getting it home so didn't do anything Thurs (other than sitting in the van reading all the paperwork), but Friday was dry so the OH spent most of day in it. Looking forward to a dry weekend so I can do what I need to.
See you all soon.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Wayne

You only live once and can't take it to the grave. Enjoy now and worry when you are dead
smiley-kiss.gif
smiley-cool.gif

YES Alan how many times have I said this to you in the past lol you say im gonna keep them whilst there nothing wrong with them and ill run them ino the ground before i change them lol

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Wayne you Woosie glad you have been away and nice piccy's, but as a fellow Woosie can you tell me what is the black container doing, is it another water container, is it connected to the aqua roll? or is it Bailys bath tub?
smiley-wink.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I think you mean me (Sir WC) not Wayne.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
We do have a mains adaptor to go in the Aquaroll but it flooded the last time we used it, so I use a normal central heating header tank and drop the pump into that. However the mains hose was not long enough for either so I sent the OH out to buy more hose, during which time we were using the Aquaroll in normal mode. When I took the photos the OH had returned and I had just changed over to the tank and not put away the Aquaroll. The header tank is a cheap and cheerful method when using a service pitch.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I think you mean me (Sir WC) not Wayne.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
We do have a mains adaptor to go in the Aquaroll but it flooded the last time we used it, so I use a normal central heating header tank and drop the pump into that. However the mains hose was not long enough for either so I sent the OH out to buy more hose, during which time we were using the Aquaroll in normal mode. When I took the photos the OH had returned and I had just changed over to the tank and not put away the Aquaroll. The header tank is a cheap and cheerful method when using a service pitch.

Sorry Sir WC
smiley-embarassed.gif
I'm going to stop posting soon as I keep getting myself in a pickle
smiley-embarassed.gif

So is there a ball valve in the header tank?
How did the aqua roll flood when you used it I only ask because I use this with the valve in side when we use service pitches.
Any way glad you have got your new van and have started to use it, did you stay at Stowford on handover?

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I use a normal central heating header tank and drop the pump into that. However the mains hose was not long enough for either so I sent the OH out to buy more hose, during which time we were using the Aquaroll in normal mode. When I took the photos the OH had returned and I had just changed over to the tank and not put away the Aquaroll. The header tank is a cheap and cheerful method when using a service pitch.
flipping eck "Sir WC" they say the best inventions were allready thought of by someone else
smiley-cool.gif
that is excatly the same system I use when flushing the system and doing water jobs at home.
I modified a hose lock tap connector to fit the ball valve and just plug the hose pipe into it.
never ever dreamed of using it on a service pitch what a brilliant idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts