I wish I'd been a dentist

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Broken tooth needs root canal treatment and a porcelain white crown all for the very reasonable price of £785.00
smiley-frown.gif

No one ever sugested dentistry to me when I was young
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
The last time I went to my (NHS) dentist, she said I needed a particular treatment which she could do, but which wasn't available on the NHS (what a surprise
smiley-undecided.gif
). Cost me just under £400
smiley-yell.gif
The two dentists who co-own the practice where my sister goes, each drive some kind of sooper-dooper sports cars (don't ask me what, all I know is they're low, flashy 'look at me' cars). Inflicting pain on people obviously pays very well!!

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Thats a lot of money, i have only ever had tooth ache the once and i would have given my house to get rid of the pain, as it was it only cost 35 quid.
smiley-laughing.gif

Teeth are a licence to print money.

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I think toothpaste was made with me in mind,,My front teeth gave up the stuggle and left me with one remaining tooth in the front ,,since there departure last week I have been scrubbing hell out the one thats left,,Dentist again on friday,I hope he dosent tickle the nerve like the last sadistic ######## He was a army dentist and I jumped out of the chair,hit him,knocked him out and.I. spent some time in the cooler.....

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The old joke is a dentist is someone who couldn't hack becoming a proper doctor, yet nothing is free when it comes to dentistry, and nothing is done quickly unless one pays mega money. can you imagine going to a hospital with a broken leg and being told there is a 2 month waiting list to have it fixed and you will need to put up with the pain in the mean time or you need to pay £1000 to have it done tomorrow? Yet you can need to have a root cannel done, be in intense pain infection spreading and unless you pay, you wait!
I think Doctors got it wrong and dentist got it right....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In response to those that suffer at the hands of the dentist - when seated in the chair grab the dentist quite hard by the privates and utter those mortal words " We are not going to hurt each other are we?"
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
No good if the dentist is a female - never been down that line so would not know what to do.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
colin bridgend said:
In response to those that suffer at the hands of the dentist - when seated in the chair grab the dentist quite hard by the privates and utter those mortal words " We are not going to hurt each other are we?"
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
Wow, Colin.......you've actually tried that, have you?
smiley-surprised.gif
I'm not sure what sort of response I as a woman would get if I tried it
smiley-wink.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Go for it Sue (assuming your dentist is a chap). Let us know what happens. Can I suggest that you get a grip before he has a drill or needle in his hands though.
smiley-surprised.gif

mel

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
to make you feel better, i have just had a porcelain crown fitted at my NEW NHS dentist ( no , i will not tell you where it is) all for £198.0.

And im getting back on Westfield.

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Just had a quote - to fix one tooth - of about five grand. Am investigating Eastern Europe...
I understand though that those in the medical professions (medicine, dentistry) suffer from high rates of suicide and drug addiction, which if I had to deal with people's ailments (oral or otherwise) I could understand. Highest though is supposedly veterinary surgery, which i can also understand:

6a01310fd689a0970c0133f091e5e7970b-pi

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I'm at the dentist again, having my first cap... went last year as my daughters dentist NHS just wanted to take out my tooth... so this one i'm seeing sorted it.....£500 So come Friday I should be ok...... big problem with my back tooth don't know how it happened but I have managed the break the tooth vertically straight down splitting the root in half... managed to 2 years with it but, it has come out.

I also have a referal to be checked out for an inplant.....short version "the butcher had two of my teeth the last time P&O sailed from Portsmouth I had to drive 700 miles the day after........ penny didn't drop what he was up to....
So hubby going to get a massive bill the butcher did his work on me well. But the monies going to someone else..not to him.

Is it just me but my elder sister has fantastic teeth no trouble at all... I just can't cope anymore, I totally dread going to the dentist completely paranoid.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts