Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

just thought I'd make you aware of a scheme thats running in the aftermath of the London bombings! Type ICE (in case of emergency) into your monbile phone, and the number of the first person you wish to be contacted if (god forbid) anything ever happened,its quite important to think carefully about who your contact will be! sorry sounds morbid but has been set up by the emergency services and working for one I personally think its a great idea,some poor people on the underground only had there mobile as i.d and potentially prolonging the agony of the relatives,some people have hundreds of numbers on thier phone!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Yes I've heard of this idea. Quite simple really. Just to add to your info, this doesn't just have to be limited to one person. Others can be added as ICE1, ICE2 etc.

It would be interesting if anyone in the Emergency Services could confirm that they are aware of this scheme and if it is being implemented.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The London Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of Emergency ( ICE ) " campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Please will you also email this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm in Mersey Ambulance and this was e-mailed from London ambulance service,trying to spread the word !!!I re-iterate its a great idea!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm in Mersey Ambulance and this was e-mailed from London ambulance service,trying to spread the word !!!I re-iterate its a great idea!!
P.s. good idea to write My Name is.........My ICE no. is........

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Tina, I need some mouth to mouth resuscitation ........... help me quick!
Please don't degrade every topic with pointless inuendo - expecially one such as this that was prompted by the deaths and suffering of so many people.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I saw this on TV and immeadiately entered it onto my mobile.

A great idea.

Pity about people who think this subject is one to joke about.(small minds and all that)

As a commuter myself, my wife has rung me if I'm an hour behind schedule to see if I'm ok. One itme I'd stopped for a nap after coming off nights and she rang which then got me up and going again after an hour of sleep. Better than sleeping in the car all day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts