I'd love a 4x4, but which one

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes Kanga - just looked at it. For the Pedestrian safety rating most large vehicles seem to score just one star. That includes the new Range Rover AND ALSO THE 5 SERIES BMW!

How do you feel about driving a car that rates as low as a Range Rover - Not only that, but because your head is sited lower in a BMW (God I am having trouble controlling myself after that opportunity) the greater hieght of the RR would enable you to see the problem LOng before the 5 series BMW driver would!

God you are so easy to play with
Ever more desperate - ever more abusive.

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
In case anyone missed the postings on Our Website

Whatch out for that wounded Anti guys - I think we have drawn its teeth but it can still seriously suck!

Firstly - I doubt this is Stinky - more likely to be Kanga desperately trying to "shore up" his now rather isolated position

I have made no personal attack on "Stinky" - I simply stated as I do here that the action I took in response to the outrageous accusation was a legal action that had the desired effect.

We have a legal team - retained to act for us. We also refer our clients to other legal firms where appropriate - Where advice on Partnership Planning and Partnership Agreements are required I refer my clients to two experts in this field who are female.

Kanga - or whoever you are -you really should try to read and comprehend the text of what you read.

Libel never came into it - I was accused of being a Paedophile.

Considering all that I have done so far in my life, and where I have travelled to, I find it staggering that I have to become a caravanner and use a caravanning Forum to experience such an extreme abuse!

And my crime? - a silly joke about Aussies and Kiwis (told to me by an Aussie!) - Oh and lets not forget I ran rings round the Anti 4x4 idiots on this Forum and so with all the intellectual splendour of a slug they resorted to accusing me of being a Paedophile!

What they did not know was that any such accusation is taken VERY SERIOUSLY by those who monitor such things. What Stinky did was almost the equivalent of saying he had a bomb on him whilst waiting to board an aircraft.

He is now reaping those consequences - whatever they may be.

I do run my own business - as to being well read - that is for others to judge. I have emailed both the editor of PC and the Moderator via our standard Firms email facility therefore all details are on record with the providers of this Forum.

The last sentence shows the desperation of the Anti's :-

"Hi Kanga and Dav. Hang in there dudes, you're doing an outstanding job. If you can stop just one person buying those killing machines..."

Whoever wrote the above is not interested in sensible debate they are on a single issue mission!

As they are forced to see the fragility of their case - they resort to ever more bizarre and extreme actions. Calling me a Paedophile was, I believe, the worst so far.

However, to confirm the sort of people we are dealing with - this from Kanga:-

Kanga

7 Sep 2005 10:11 PM No nerve to hit mate, by the time you get to the traffic lights in your slow, shite handling, lumbering truck, i will be in the pub having a pint, having arrived serenely in pure comfort and luxury. So no need to wind my window up, it is you who will be staring at my exhaust pipes disappearing in the distance! How I love to drive the worlds best handling saloon car and snigger at the old c**ts plodding along in their 4x4's.

Nice isn't it - you come onto a caravanning forum and just because you drive a 4x4 you get called a C**T.

Says it all.
Clive, sorry if being called an old Celt upset you

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Obviously Clive you are obviously ashamed of the stats for monster 4x4's or you would have posted them by now. Just to refresh your failing memory:-

Warrior, land cruiser and shogun.

Please include roll over stats as they are quite an eye opener or should I say don't forget to take a change of underwear with you when you drive one of these monsters, you'll need them at the first bend!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So Kanga what you seem to be saying now is that saloons are better because they can go around corners faster. The fact that a 4x4 due to the dynamics of its design is slower. I think we will all agree on that. You seem to be boasting that you can drive much faster than I in my Disco 3. I suggest you read the news today of the awful crash in Hampshire where 6 lives were lost and why?? Because of excessive speed. That collision was only a focus and a Peugeot - imagine if you will for a moment the effect of your much heavier and faster BMW that you have just admitted to driving much faster than I in my sloooww sluggish 4x4. Speed kills without a doubt (I expect your going to deny this now) you driving fast are far more likley to have an accident than me driving slowly. It doesn't matter how well your car handles there are going to be far more potential accidents due to your speed than my slowness. Perhaps you'd better sell it now eh?

Best wishes

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hmmmm. It seems that every forum has a Kanga of sorts. As I said on another forum about a member that does exactly what Kanga does. Myself and other forum members found out that he was just a sad lonely person in search of some attention. Just like Kanga, he never actually contributed to the posts, he just disrupted them knowing that people would bite and he would have the attention that he so much needed.

The forum administrators we're going to ban him but a few of us got together and persuaded them to let him be as this forum is probably all he has and to be honest, some of the posts that they disrupt actually could do with livening up.

So.... Kanga, if your still looking in... I understand and if it comes to the crunch... I will have sympathy for you.

GaryM (Freelander Owner)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Obviously Clive you are obviously ashamed of the stats for monster 4x4's or you would have posted them by now. Just to refresh your failing memory:-

Warrior, land cruiser and shogun.

Please include roll over stats as they are quite an eye opener or should I say don't forget to take a change of underwear with you when you drive one of these monsters, you'll need them at the first bend!
The Warrior is not a vehicle I know - I think it is a US only vehicle. The stats for the Shogun and Land Cruiser on stability etc are not on the Ncap site. What is on the Ncap site is comparative data that clearly shows that the poorest performing 4x4's - Vitara Jeep Cherokee and Frontera still score 3 stars or Ocupants. That is as good if not better than a lot of cars.

Problem here Kanga is that I think you are using USA data which means the vehicles are often significantly different than the same name models in Europe.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not ashamed at all Kanga - just cannot find any EU data. The Warrior is not a vehicle I know - I think it is a US only vehicle. The stats for the Shogun and Land Cruiser on stability etc are not on the Ncap site. What is on the Ncap site is comparative data that clearly shows that the poorest performing 4x4's - Vitara Jeep Cherokee and Frontera still score 3 stars or Ocupants. That is as good if not better than a lot of cars.

Problem here Kanga is that I think you are using USA data which means the vehicles are often significantly different than the same name models in Europe.

Once again bending the truth to suit your skewed version of reality.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In case anyone missed the postings on Our Website

Whatch out for that wounded Anti guys - I think we have drawn its teeth but it can still seriously suck!

Firstly - I doubt this is Stinky - more likely to be Kanga desperately trying to "shore up" his now rather isolated position

I have made no personal attack on "Stinky" - I simply stated as I do here that the action I took in response to the outrageous accusation was a legal action that had the desired effect.

We have a legal team - retained to act for us. We also refer our clients to other legal firms where appropriate - Where advice on Partnership Planning and Partnership Agreements are required I refer my clients to two experts in this field who are female.

Kanga - or whoever you are -you really should try to read and comprehend the text of what you read.

Libel never came into it - I was accused of being a Paedophile.

Considering all that I have done so far in my life, and where I have travelled to, I find it staggering that I have to become a caravanner and use a caravanning Forum to experience such an extreme abuse!

And my crime? - a silly joke about Aussies and Kiwis (told to me by an Aussie!) - Oh and lets not forget I ran rings round the Anti 4x4 idiots on this Forum and so with all the intellectual splendour of a slug they resorted to accusing me of being a Paedophile!

What they did not know was that any such accusation is taken VERY SERIOUSLY by those who monitor such things. What Stinky did was almost the equivalent of saying he had a bomb on him whilst waiting to board an aircraft.

He is now reaping those consequences - whatever they may be.

I do run my own business - as to being well read - that is for others to judge. I have emailed both the editor of PC and the Moderator via our standard Firms email facility therefore all details are on record with the providers of this Forum.

The last sentence shows the desperation of the Anti's :-

"Hi Kanga and Dav. Hang in there dudes, you're doing an outstanding job. If you can stop just one person buying those killing machines..."

Whoever wrote the above is not interested in sensible debate they are on a single issue mission!

As they are forced to see the fragility of their case - they resort to ever more bizarre and extreme actions. Calling me a Paedophile was, I believe, the worst so far.

However, to confirm the sort of people we are dealing with - this from Kanga:-

Kanga

7 Sep 2005 10:11 PM No nerve to hit mate, by the time you get to the traffic lights in your slow, shite handling, lumbering truck, i will be in the pub having a pint, having arrived serenely in pure comfort and luxury. So no need to wind my window up, it is you who will be staring at my exhaust pipes disappearing in the distance! How I love to drive the worlds best handling saloon car and snigger at the old c**ts plodding along in their 4x4's.

Nice isn't it - you come onto a caravanning forum and just because you drive a 4x4 you get called a C**T.

Says it all.
For once Kanga you almost made a real joke. But the sad thing is I do not think you even realise the significance of what you write.

Ask a welshman to explain it to you!

I wish you luck!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Found it!

The Warrior is made by Dodge in the US and is part of the Chrysler group. Not imported into the UK or Europe.

Therefore bit of an irrelevance really.

And on that lastpoint I will hand you back to the most irrelevent article on this Forum!!!

Lets have a big happy campers welcome FORRRR-----!!

kanga

Oh Kanga - you look a little deflated?

Never mind - that nice kind GaryM is going to look after you and make sure that you are ok. He drives a Freelander - sensible chap that he is. They score well on the Ncap tests.

They are also the most popular 4x4 in Europe!

We have one as well!

Lovely car!

You go and have a lay down now - its been a bad couple of days for you hasn't it.

There There there.

Ssssh!

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Found it!

The Warrior is made by Dodge in the US and is part of the Chrysler group. Not imported into the UK or Europe.

Therefore bit of an irrelevance really.

And on that lastpoint I will hand you back to the most irrelevent article on this Forum!!!

Lets have a big happy campers welcome FORRRR-----!!

kanga

Oh Kanga - you look a little deflated?

Never mind - that nice kind GaryM is going to look after you and make sure that you are ok. He drives a Freelander - sensible chap that he is. They score well on the Ncap tests.

They are also the most popular 4x4 in Europe!

We have one as well!

Lovely car!

You go and have a lay down now - its been a bad couple of days for you hasn't it.

There There there.

Ssssh!
freelander = jacked up estate car not a monster 4x4!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh I have heard of them Kanga - trouble is the Warrior is a crew-cab available in both 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive I think.

Not classified as a 4x4 usually

As I said before - more attention to detail please - you're letting yourself down you know.

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
sorry clive not the cab warrior but the shogun sport warrior, how about adding an isuzu trooper to the list instead if your having that much difficulty.

If you don't want to supply safety stats or roll over stats, what about braking distances then? or C02 emissions? economy figures?

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Yes Kanga - just looked at it. For the Pedestrian safety rating most large vehicles seem to score just one star. That includes the new Range Rover AND ALSO THE 5 SERIES BMW!

How do you feel about driving a car that rates as low as a Range Rover - Not only that, but because your head is sited lower in a BMW (God I am having trouble controlling myself after that opportunity) the greater hieght of the RR would enable you to see the problem LOng before the 5 series BMW driver would!

God you are so easy to play with
If you are having trouble controlling ones self, may I recommend your purchase some incontinence pants

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Kanga,I have 30+ years driving experience,passed my test first time,regularly attend track days with my job including the Nurburgring,have had several courses with Drivetec ,taken by serving police officers,for company insurance reasons and have never had an accident or a speeding fine...Brian (the dim 4x4 pilot).and yourself?
so what about your driving record, what about the 22 yr old who buys a clapped out 5 yr old monster 4x4? another 4x4 menace

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh I have looked at the data for most 4x4's including the Trooper and its got good fiqs for both economy and stopping distances. At least comparable to large saloons - like yours I might add. However Ncap - the most respected source of unbiased data does not have details on the cars you quote.

Why not do us all a favour and publish your data which to have any credability should be referenced as to source. Then we can all have a look at it and debate the findings like adults.

Anyone can spout figures - you have done this more than most and had the data proved to be false.

PLEASE do not come back saying I refuse to provide the data - I genuinely have looked for it but you do not help by just quoting "Warrior" for example.

I love facts and figures - I live and breath them all day.

Can't wait.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Still waiting Kanga,out of curiosity, where would you put the 2.5 or 2.7 Grande Vitara? Soft Roader or huge 4x4 people eater?

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Oh I have looked at the data for most 4x4's including the Trooper and its got good fiqs for both economy and stopping distances. At least comparable to large saloons - like yours I might add. However Ncap - the most respected source of unbiased data does not have details on the cars you quote.

Why not do us all a favour and publish your data which to have any credability should be referenced as to source. Then we can all have a look at it and debate the findings like adults.

Anyone can spout figures - you have done this more than most and had the data proved to be false.

PLEASE do not come back saying I refuse to provide the data - I genuinely have looked for it but you do not help by just quoting "Warrior" for example.

I love facts and figures - I live and breath them all day.

Can't wait.
bm 5 60-0 2.6 secs, trooper 60-0 3.6 secs. do the maths on stopping distances

Trooper = splat! your dead

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Come on Knaga - I am waiting for real data - not just the unsubstantiated 60 - 0 mph figures - you wanted roll rates and all sorts. You said you had the data and could prove the things you said. Now, I looked for the data and could not find anything to corroborate what you say - ( and I am good at searches)

Come on this is your last chance to prove you do not like to make things up to prove you silly points! Oh and could you enlighten us as to where the BMW and Trooper data came from?

Lets have the rest of it please.

You leave yourself open to ridicule if you cannot come up with the goods.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts