IDEAL CAMPING

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi There

Has anybody been to this site in St Georges De Didonne.Travelling there in August.I am looking for info about site and surrounding area.

Many Thanks

JB.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
David,

We went to Ideal Camping on Aug 12th to 24th.Site was ok.I`ve been on much better in France.It wsa about 5/6 mins walk from the beach.Pitches were small and higgildy piggildy.The weather was crap on our 2nd week so the place was very grubby.There was virtually no grass and those infernal pine needles and wet soil make a mess.

The toilet blocks were cleaned thoroughly every morning but with the weather we had they could have been cleaned at least once more during the day.

The pool area was v clean but it only opened @ 10.00 till 12.30 and 14.00 til 18.45.There is a bar area and a take away but I cant say how they were as I didnt use either.Also has a small shop and a bakery for rolls and crossons.

The play area is at the back of the site but you would have to accompany younger children(and the basketball court is covered with aboud 7 inches of sand???).However the most dissapointing thing for us was the proximity of the neighbours.This was our third year to tour france and the worst site but you could probably put some of that down to the weather.

Just accross the road was Bos Silei I think and the pitches looked bigger ...........and had lots of GRASS.

Hope this helps

JB

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We tried to get on to Bois Sileil in June but due to Camping cheques being so popular it was full (a larger van does not help either). We stayed at Ideal for 2 nights, the weather was great so that the ground was hard. we could not fault the site & as my wife likes a shady pitch it was a bonus.

We moved onto Bois Soleil 2 days later as we were using camping cheques & spent 5 nights there. The pitches vary in size some larger than others, because of the size of our van had to wait until a larger pitch became vacant.

Because the weather was so good whilst we were there it painted a rosey picture of the place, we would be happy to stay on either site again.

Graham W.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts