Identity theft and e mail scams

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Do the moderators of this site really think that revealing our full names is a good idea in light of the increased problems of ID thefts and e mail cons. I really think you should STOP this immediately, there is no other forum on the web that does it they all rely on passwords and non de plumes.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
After so many complaints about two or more people having the same nickname, the only alternative was to publish real names instead.

There's no way to properly enforce uniqueness for user names or nicknames. The problem is that the user database is shared across Practical Caravan, Practical Motorhome, Autosport, What Car and other websites managed by Haymarket publishing; it has half a million names is in it. Inevitably there will be duplication.

As there have been more complaints about changing to real names than there were about duplicate nicknames, we have now reverted to the way things were!

Obviously there was no way details like addresses would be published - Haymarket Publishing forums comply with the Data Protection Act.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote:Obviously there was no way details like addresses would be published - Haymarket Publishing forums comply with the Data Protection Act.

Whilst you may say you comply with the data protection act, as do just about every other business using the net, you cannot be 100% CERTAIN that personal information will not get loose into the public domain.

I have very good reason for stating this, and that is I have just had

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts