If your wheel came off let me know here.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its much more common these days for UK caravans to be fitted with the Alko chassis and the Alko wheel clamp receiver that requires specific alloy wheels specified by Alko so really there should be no compatibility problem unless Alko are completely inept

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Its much more common these days for UK caravans to be fitted with the Alko chassis and the Alko wheel clamp receiver that requires specific alloy wheels specified by Alko so really there should be no compatibility problem unless Alko are completely inept
Elddis caravans have BPW chassis, not AlKo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And the point is??

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Just a note that AlKo is not sole supplier of caravan chassis, thus raising the question whether loose wheels are any less (or more) common on Elddis caravans.

Also, you say that AlKo specify what alloy wheels can be fitted, so as to be reconcilable with their wheel clamp. I would imagine that this specification is dimensional only and does not include any performance criteria.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi It would be interesting to see a reply from a manufacturer to your assertions

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
"Our year 2000 Bailey had steel wheels and came with a set of nut indicators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wheel_nut_indicators.jpg
But you had to remove the wheel trim to see them...

The only locking or anti-turning devices I've seen are for heavy vehicles with large wheelnuts.

Bry"

Would anyone be interested in a set of wheel bolt indicators for alloy wheels and how much would you be prepared to pay for them?

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tim.

I have not lost a wheel from a caravan trailer or car, though I have lost wheel a bolt from the nearside rear of my car and another was loose on inspection, (Alloy wheel 5 bolt fixing).

I wonder what your reason for asking the question is?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts